The South Pacific
Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more... - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+----- Thread: Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more... (/thread-3552.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more... - The Serres Republic - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 04:58 PM)Hileville Wrote: Nah. We can remove the Ministry or restructure if needed.

I really think that compromise is the key to success here Hile.

Edit:

(01-09-2016, 05:01 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
I will offer some good faith opinions, since I have some experience in the Ministry. It does not take much time to run our three newspapers. One just needs to keep a good eye for potential writers and potential stories and to commit to a schedule. There are always good stories or interviews to be published, even at times when news might seem slow. It does take a little longer to organise cultural events, but it can be easily done if one has the proper motivation and seeks the right ideas for activities and themes. It is quite difficult to have a recruitment and mentoring programme, and I will argue that this cannot and should not be the task of just one ministry, but rather of the Cabinet as whole, since it deals with involvement in all sorts of different ministries and sections of our forum. A concerted effort is needed to have success in this area.

I honestly do not believe that the Ministry of Regional Affairs needs to be partitioned, for the simple fact that it needs one central figure to coordinate different activities. A cultural event will need proper advertising. A newspaper might want to participate in an interregional event by interviewing foreign participants. It definitely is possible to have that kind of coordination between two different ministries, but coordination remains much faster and more efficient if someone is there to lead. Having two figures makes that slower and more complicated.

If a division had to be done, however, I would argue that three ministries are an excess. I would agree that two can be an acceptable division, one for communications and integration and a second one for cultural development. It divides the current ministry in its two historical components, so the change is not too drastic and allows for a seamless transition. Still, I have to restate my original argument that keeping the Ministry intact would be better, and that if changes need to be made, they should be done by the Minister, perhaps by giving greater prominence and responsibility to the roles of Deputy Ministers, so they become important offices in their own right.

You can certainly dismiss these thoughts, but I do hope you will take them into account. I have found that the Ministry of Regional Affairs, more than legal changes and alterations, often needs good leadership and, more importantly, support from both the government and the region. Having someone good at the top to keep everyone motivated, and having people willing to be motivated, will work better than making changes to the law. At the very least, it worked to inspire the last three or four generations of Ministry leadership. Hopefully we can continue that trend.

Well said. I would say that change should be experimented with. Tis the only way we will surely know if it will be an efficient path too follow.

RE: Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more... - Punchwood - 01-09-2016

I agree with everything Kris just said.

RE: Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more... - The Serres Republic - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 06:11 PM)Punchwood Wrote: I agree with everything Kris just said.

And what would your opinion be on the formation of two ministries in order to test Hile's proposition?

RE: Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more... - Punchwood - 01-09-2016

I would advice strongly against it. As Kris has said RA works perfectly fine as one Ministry and splitting it would limit how much could be done. If we had to split the Ministry then two would be the maximum.

I just want to say that most of the people who currently support this have not or are not currently involved in Regional Affairs, so I just want to know how do you know what is best for Regional Affairs? You are being told by both Kris and I, experienced members in RA (not matter if you like me or not I have been involved in RA since the creation of the Fellowship Programme) that splitting up RA is a bad idea and not to do it. We also both say that if you are going to split it up that two should be the maximum. So I recommend you listen to us, as we are experience in the Ministry and should know best.

Maybe I'm wrong and this will work out great however I highly doubt it and I don't want to run the risk of our fantastic Ministry being destroyed. That is why I oppose this and I urge you do as well.

(01-09-2016, 06:28 PM)Punchwood Wrote: I would advice strongly against it. As Kris has said RA works perfectly fine as one Ministry and splitting it would limit how much could be done. If we had to split the Ministry then two would be the maximum.

I just want to say that most of the people who currently support this have not or are not currently involved in Regional Affairs, so I just want to know how do you know what is best for Regional Affairs? You are being told by both Kris and I, experienced members in RA (not matter if you like me or not I have been involved in RA since the creation of the Fellowship Programme) that splitting up RA is a bad idea and not to do it. We also both say that if you are going to split it up that two should be the maximum. So I recommend you listen to us, as we are experience in the Ministry and should know best.

Maybe I'm wrong and this will work out great however I highly doubt it and I don't want to run the risk of our fantastic Ministry being destroyed. That is why I oppose this and I urge you do as well.

Firstly Punchwood, I would like to clear something up. I have no negative opinions of you. I can see very clearly bot your dedication and passion for TSP. That makes you a good guy in my books, and worthy of my respect.

Perhaps instead of formally splitting the MORA we could create formal positions within that would be responsible for managing the points Hile has brought up.
That way we would still be able to keep the MORa as it is, but still offer more options for newcomers to the government when running for positions.

Thank you Serres! I also have a high option of you so far! Happywide

(01-09-2016, 06:53 PM)Punchwood Wrote: Thank you Serres! I also have a high option of you so far! Happywide

Awe shux Thx Tounge

RE: Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more... - Tsunamy - 01-09-2016

I appreciate Kris' comments and think he has a lot of experience in this area.

However, if we're going to go with two ministries instead of three, I'd sooner have Integration and a joint Entertainment/Communication. An RA with entertainment and communication would have the ability to plan and promote events.

I think Integration is the odd one out here and would sooner see such a minister as a mentor and liaison between the other ministries (including FA and Army).

Add: Hile, if you want to ax RA, how about Minister of Entertainment? I just have a thing against "culture" ...

RE: Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more... - Hileville - 01-09-2016

I'd be fine with dropping Culture in the name.

(01-09-2016, 07:47 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: I appreciate Kris' comments and think he has a lot of experience in this area.

However, if we're going to go with two ministries instead of three, I'd sooner have Integration and a joint Entertainment/Communication. An RA with entertainment and communication would have the ability to plan and promote events.

I think Integration is the odd one out here and would sooner see such a minister as a mentor and liaison between the other ministries (including FA and Army).

Add: Hile, if you want to ax RA, how about Minister of Entertainment? I just have a thing against "culture" ...

If we are going to have a minister of Entertainment then there is a recquirement that they have some sort of reference to the mad hatter or willie wonka in there sig xD