The South Pacific
Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+----- Thread: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles (/thread-608.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - LadyRebels - 06-13-2014

TSP has never been a region to care about the judgement of others. Sobthat graph is way out of wack. Just saying.

I like some (honestly I read the first page then the last one) of/all of what Tsunami had to say. TSP has and always will remain open to anyone/everyone, at least ss long as there are a few of us oldtimers around.

Anyway that is my thought on this matter. Thank you for listening.

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - Belschaft - 06-13-2014

I believe the following has near unanimous support;

Quote:Article One - Fundemental Ideals and Principles
1. We, the people of The Coalition of The South Pacific, establish the following as the fundamental and immutable ideals and principles of our republic.
2. Democracy; that we, the people, represented by our Assembly, are sovereign in all matters and have the sole right and power to determine our own constitution, laws and officials, that all rights and duties stem from such sovereignty and that we alone have the right to end or alter the compact that is this Charter.
3. Liberty; that all posses the inherent liberty to act, and speak, and think as they do wish so far as it does not infringe upon the liberty of others or impugn upon the safety of the region, in accordance with those rights and restrictions we codify and establish by law.
4. Equality; that all are equal before the law, shall bear equal rights and liberties, and that those officials we elect or appoint are no more than first amongst equals, and for such time only as their office lasts.
5. Tolerance; that all are entitled to the dignity of respect, despite race or sex or faith or creed, that the state shall establish no preference in favour of one or discriminate against another.
6. Openness; that this region seeks to remain categorically open to all ideas and welcoming of all who seek citizenship within the region, and as such the region shall make no law respecting an establishment of political or military alignment or ideology.

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - Gustave Berr - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 11:21 AM)Belschaft Wrote: I believe the following has near unanimous support;

1. We, the people of The Coalition of The South Pacific, establish the following as the fundamental and immutable ideals and principles of our republic.
2. Democracy; that we, the people, represented by our Assembly, are sovereign in all matters and have the sole right and power to determine our own constitution, laws and officials, that all rights and duties stem from such sovereignty and that we alone have the right to end or alter the compact that is this Charter.
3. Liberty; that all posses the inherent liberty to act, and speak, and think as they do wish so far as it does not infringe upon the liberty of others or impugn upon the safety of the region, in accordance with those rights and restrictions we codify and establish by law.
4. Equality; that all are equal before the law, shall bear equal rights and liberties, and that those officials we elect or appoint are no more than first amongst equals, and for such time only as their office lasts.
5. Tolerance; that all are entitled to the dignity of respect, despite race or sex or faith or creed, that the state shall establish no preference in favour of one or discriminate against another.
6. Openness; that this region seeks to remain categorically open to all ideas and welcoming of all who seek citizenship within the region, and as such the region shall make no law respecting an establishment of political or military alignment or ideology.

I support this.

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - God-Emperor - 06-13-2014

As do I.

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - Arbiter08 - 06-13-2014

Motion to Vote

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - Farengeto - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 12:08 AM)Unibot Wrote: A judgement should try to balance all of these priorities. The reason why I find independentism is an ideology is because it has these silent assumptions about what TSP should prioritize (i.e., strategic interests) over everything else. The executive in my opinion should be taking all of these priorities and saying, "how can we satisfy as much of these considerations as we possibly can?", because that's the basis for smarter, better governance.

You can call this zealous, radical defenderism, all you like. But I don't think you can run a stable, responsible government without balancing different priorities like this in an efficient, pragmatic manner.

Less than a month ago you wrote an article for the Rejected Times claiming there was no such thing as a centrist position, and even when on to explain how their position is almost entirely raider.

I'm not buying this.

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - Unibot - 06-13-2014

I don't believe what I outlined *is* centrist. Like most conservatives are anything but "conservative".

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - Belschaft - 06-13-2014

I second the motion.

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - Gustave Berr - 06-13-2014

And I third the motion.

RE: Charter Ammendment - Ideals and Principles - sandaoguo - 06-13-2014

I predict the next fight will about what counts as a "law respecting an establishment of political or military alignment or ideology," considering Belschaft and I already have different ideas of what it means. But apparently this will end this unnecessary attack on non-Independents, so whatever. Let's get it up for vote.