The South Pacific
Map of the South Pacific - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Pacifica (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-109.html)
+---- Forum: Facts and Maps (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-291.html)
+---- Thread: Map of the South Pacific (/thread-241.html)

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Zak6858 - 07-20-2015

I accidentally forgot again

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Hammerstar - 07-22-2015

According to the map, are some of my cities (Imperium, Zephyr) the highest cities in TSP?

What is the highest city over sea level in The South Pacific?

RE: Map of the South Pacific - rhinotaz - 07-22-2015

Aye, it's either Zephyr, Imperium, An-Nur or Fleur. It looks like Zephyr is the highest, as it is the closest to the summit of Mt. Hyslag, which (if I'm not mistaken) is the highest point in TSP that has been registered so far, at a good 6006 meters (~19,705 feet).

However, I do question the viability of estabilishing and maintaining cities at such absurd altitudes. It is generally thought to be impossible to acclimatize permanently to heights above 5500 meters (~18,045 feet). While it is in fact possible to spend several weeks sleeping and living as high as 6000 meters (~19,685 feet) once you have already acclimatized, gradual deterioration of physical and mental well-being would still occur over larger periods of time.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Hammerstar - 07-23-2015

Well, if I'm honest. Imperium is sited in the bottom area of the mountains. All of those cities are.

The reason why I put those cities there

1. Doesn't fit anywhere, and there is not yet something called: 'Mountain town'. In The South Pacific.
2. The reason why I put the symbol there is that the area of the summits of Mt. Hyslag has a couple of buildings (Not major residential), that are under the influence of these cities. Some castles, villages, monasteries and inns are still under the control of cities like Imperium, An-Nur, Fleur and Zephyr. Legally making them the high mountain cities.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Punchwood - 07-23-2015

Nation in the South Pacific*: Punchwood
Nation name*: Punchwood
Desired Plot*: 145
Capital*: Whitevale
Location of Capital*: If you place your mouse on the number 4 and follow it down, right in between those two mountainous areas.
Customization:

Please add/name the following areas:

The Isle of Dorrn: The small island
Phoenix Bay: Below the Isle of Dorrn
The River Kendall: The river

Please add the following cities/ Navel Bases

Kencooper: Following the river storm, right near the boarder and on the mountain area.
Navel Base Corbyn: On the East side of the Isle of Dorrn
Aberdorrn: Somewhere in Dorrn Bay
Cressjay: Following the river Kendall and continue northwards towards the edge just there on the coast.

Thanks! Smile

RE: Map of the South Pacific - UnitedExpanse - 07-24-2015

Oh, if we can add new geographical features such as rivers, lakes, and islands, I am going to have a long list to add!

RE: Map of the South Pacific - The Solar System Scope - 07-25-2015

(07-24-2015, 09:50 PM)UnitedExpanse Wrote: Oh, if we can add new geographical features such as rivers, lakes, and islands, I am going to have a long list to add!

Sorry, existing clay only. If you want rivers they need to be small enough to be invisible.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Bonaugure - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 11:05 AM)The Solar System Scope Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 09:50 PM)UnitedExpanse Wrote: Oh, if we can add new geographical features such as rivers, lakes, and islands, I am going to have a long list to add!

Sorry, existing clay only. If you want rivers they need to be small enough to be invisible.

Or find a plot that fits his expectations...

RE: Map of the South Pacific - UnitedExpanse - 07-26-2015

(07-25-2015, 11:05 AM)The Solar System Scope Wrote:

Perfect! I don't need to have large rivers anyway because I already have two.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Zesathustria - 08-04-2015

Nation in the South Pacific*: Zesathrium
Nation name*: Zesathustria
Desired Plot*: 106
Capital*: Zesathrium
Location of Capital*: In the centre of the valley, along the river, on the meander in the middle
Customization: The river is named the Golden River - the valley is the Golden Valley - the mountain at the end is the Mountain of Fire, and the hills are the Five Hills (imaginative, eh?). Just put what you can on there, and see what it looks like. There are a few towns and cities that I can name for you, but if you don't have space, it doesn't really matter - they're only peasants anyway! Ha ha! Ha ha ha ha! Oh, the poor dears. They are on the local maps.
Other towns/things - the Ziggurat of Fire, at the eastern base of the Mountain of Fire; Sasi, a city at the mouth of the bay; the mouth of the bay is 'Mmouth'; Shahshah, a town between the gap of the mountains on the border with plot 111; Assissam, a town in the mountains on the furthest west tendril of the plot; Xusas, on the beginning of the lowermost tributary river to the Golden River.