The South Pacific
Map of the South Pacific - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Pacifica (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-109.html)
+---- Forum: Facts and Maps (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-291.html)
+---- Thread: Map of the South Pacific (/thread-241.html)

RE: Map of the South Pacific - rhinotaz - 10-23-2015

The 3 mb one? 20k by 10k was it? Tried to use it as the texture for my little globe thing but it almost blew up my computer. Had to downgrade it to 15k by 7.5k.

(Oooh, I get what you mean, Res. I was confused at nothing. Sorry.)

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Kris Kringle - 10-23-2015

Rather than having continents, what I think we need is to enlarge the current ones and make them further apart from each other.

Map of the South Pacific - ProfessorHenn - 10-24-2015

Enlarged current ones, and make a few more to really fill up the map.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Farengeto - 10-24-2015

I will... investigate this... please stand by...

*contemplates before cringing and going to sleep*

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Brutland and Norden - 10-24-2015

(10-23-2015, 06:32 PM)rhinotaz Wrote:
(10-23-2015, 06:30 PM)Zak6858 Wrote: Why do you people need to change so much? This map is perfectly fine.

Well, for now it is. But we will have to update it eventually, and, sadly, B&N is not as available as he once was.
There is actually another reason why, and probably related to why someone declared me gone a few pages ago.

(10-23-2015, 09:17 PM)rhinotaz Wrote: It does look kinda weird. B&N likely didn't design the map thinking about how latitude affects distance scales in maps.
I know that. Wink In cartography something will always get distorted when you do something. I opted to have a regular latitude-longitude grid. Thus, the distances between two vertical points of the same latitude will be the same. Of course, distance between two horizontal points will vary depending on your latitude.

(10-23-2015, 10:56 PM)rhinotaz Wrote: The 3 mb one? 20k by 10k was it? Tried to use it as the texture for my little globe thing but it almost blew up my computer. Had to downgrade it to 15k by 7.5k.
Those are actually similar reasons why I couldn't get the map so big. Happywide

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Farengeto - 10-24-2015

(10-24-2015, 01:23 AM)Brutland and Norden Wrote:
(10-23-2015, 09:17 PM)rhinotaz Wrote: It does look kinda weird. B&N likely didn't design the map thinking about how latitude affects distance scales in maps.
I know that. Wink In cartography something will always get distorted when you do something. I opted to have a regular latitude-longitude grid. Thus, the distances between two vertical points of the same latitude will be the same. Of course, distance between two horizontal points will vary depending on your latitude.

I never bother either. Those are just a nightmare to do and you get minimal gains for it. My scale adjusted maps are usually under the "neat visusl tool" category.

For the record I have no issue with the map. Perhaps it can be tweaked to fill a bit more, but I have few issues.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - The Solar System Scope - 10-24-2015

I don't like ruining this but can you edit my plot just a little?
-Move Black Umbrella to the other side of the peninsula near the Observatory Isle.
-Add a city between former Black Umbrella and Multicoloured Coat on the base of the mountain a city called Warszawa.
Thank you.

This new map making seems interesting. What are you trying to do?

RE: Map of the South Pacific - The Dictatorship of JA - 10-28-2015

Nation in the south Pacific: The Dictatorship  of James Agustus
Nation Name: The Dictatorship of kings
Desired plot: 81
Capitol city: Liberal Urbem
Location of Capitol: On the north border, but on the coast, not the mountains
Cities: East Olympia - in the mountains close to L.H.I i.T border
Centralis Civitatem - near but not on the south border with CHiT and American Republic

RE: Map of the South Pacific - UnitedExpanse - 10-30-2015

Do I have the ability to name the rivers that run through my nation? Don't blame me, I'm just slow at getting things :l

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Zak6858 - 10-30-2015

Yes, you're allowed to customise your plot.