The South Pacific
GIN Online - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Pacifica (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-109.html)
+---- Forum: Media (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-46.html)
+---- Thread: GIN Online (/thread-4644.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GIN Online - GI-Land - 12-12-2016

[Image: tcdiyoze.png]
by Mario Weißlauf
13th December 2016, 01:42 h

GIN - The biggest news-channel on GI-Landian TV; member of the "BUS TV"-network.
We welcome you on the official website, that got always the latest news about GI-Land.
Whether it be regional events or foreign politics, whether there is a reason to celebrate something or a terrorist attack:
We keep you up to date!

[Image: eu5iaaam.png]
At least, after the maintenance work is done.

If you want to comment on an article, feel free to do it here.
Also make sure to follow us on Stream (@GIN) and Fratzbook (GIN), so you definitely don't miss a new article!

RE: GIN Online - GI-Land - 12-13-2016

[Image: my6z7oht.png]

RE: GIN Online - GI-Land - 12-19-2016

[Image: ga2avf2u.png]

RE: GIN Online - GI-Land - 01-04-2017

[Image: 8jieb23m.png]

Extra: Recent Poll (by gpa) - GI-Land - 01-04-2017

[Image: es3iepmo.png]

RE: GIN Online - GI-Land - 01-06-2017

[Image: sjr7wdza.png]

RE: GIN Online - GI-Land - 02-17-2017

by Lukas Rahgen
18th February 2017, 00:00 Uhr

In recent polls, SLP and FDP are continuing losing support, while especially the AVP and PPG are able to gain more percentages.
Why those trends are visible isn't really explainable, since there were no good points the AVP and PPG approached in the last few weeks and no mistakes were made by SLP and FDP.

[Image: mdk8gqk7.png]

We asked the public, why the results are so strongly against SLP and favorable for the AVP.

Ynk Sabur, 34, Atlantis
"We open up and that's perhaps not bad, but HOW we open up: That's the problem. Our so called 'Leader' doesn't want to make standpoints. He doesn't aim to make advantages for GI-Land, but is ONLY seeking for compromises. Don't get me wrong, compromises have to be made, but he just is in the mental state, he has to do this, instead of at least trying to bring GI-Land on a smart way more advantages. 'Our' chancellor? Is packing for his pension and doesn't really do something anymore. What is this mess?
I want a strong country showing the world, what it wants, like Atlantis did and not such weaklings up there. That's why I'll give my vote the AVP."

Maret Grau, 22, Kuckstadt
"The problem is, our parties are seeking contact to us, but they can't really convert the information they got into actions, the people could benefit of. That's annoying me. I don't know yet, whom I'm voting for, but I think, it's time for a change."

Frank Schalka, 54, Tragas
"I wouldn't see it as bad. Kirchmann is a strong candidate and I'm sure, the polls will change until the election. Maybe Gianluca should speak more with those patriotic Atlantics and ask them, how he has to change, so they'll accept them, but I don't know really. I'm just a simple man. I'll vote most likely for one of the people's parties and however the elections later this year will end, I'll accept the result, because a democratic result is a democratic result and should be accepted."

Those were only three opinions. Maybe you want to leave an opinion too?
Tell us in which way you are content or not with our current government in the comment section!

RE: GIN Online - GI-Land - 03-09-2017

by Andrea Byt
09th March 2017, 18:50 h

First reactions on the new PMMP system

Not too long ago the parliament decided to change the voting system on the federal level.
The MMP was abolished and therefore replaced by the new PMMP system (Preferential Mixed-Member Proportional), that's a mix between STV and MMP, where the voter's choices are especially important not only when it comes to the distribution of seats on the parties, but also who will sit on these distributed seats.
If a candidate doesn't campaign enough or even not good enough, s*he risks to lose or even not gain a seat.

Unfortunately the new procedure is not as easy to understand as before and it needs a little work to see through all this.
Little booklets were already sent by post to a majority of households, at least two more waves shall follow, so every GI-Landian citizen can understand, what the new system is like and why the vote s*he makes is so important. For people, who don't like to read, there will be videos as of the end of March explaining the new voting law.

Most people still need time to understand

Those booklets and videos are very important as we saw by interviewing people in the cities of Tragas and Südtor.
Almost everyone had whether no clue or still needed "time to understand".

"Why this reform?"

The question above was asked frequently. Most people were content with their old system and don't quite understand, why there is a need to change it.
"If my potatoes are growing just fine, better than any other potatoes in the world, then I don't put more chemicals into it, but I let it be!" or "Never change a running system, mate" are typical responses we got on this question.

The Ministry of Political Education said, it wanted to make the system fairer and more down to earth, so people see, why it is important to vote and so people see, that they will bring in a candidate into parliament, they really like or at least strongly prefer before others.
"It's more democratic. We could even have gone further by introducing STV, but came to the conclusion, that this doesn't fit to GI-Land or the GI-landian (political) culture."

We have to wait and see, how it'll work in September, when the Königspalast-elections are taking place again.
The confusion about the system should be gone until then.

Does the new PMMP-system effect in any form the polls?

Indeed the SLP can win one percent back in comparison to last month, while SDP, AVP and LGI remain without a change.
The FDP, who voted against the voting system change can win 0.5%, while smaller parties like the PPG and Grüne lost a bit their voter base poll-wise.

[Image: e9pjuppq.png]

RE: GIN Online - GI-Land - 03-30-2017

by Carlo Yngalang
30th March 2017, 13:32 h

GI-Land upbraids Enyon for high energy prices

Alarm on the energy market!
The biggest energy provider of GI-Land - Enyon - got criticised by the GI-landian government and the Königspalast for their price policy.
Right now they would charge a flat fee of 35 cents per kilowatt hour, sometimes up to 12 cents higher than the competitors.

"That's how the market works. We've got the biggest market share, although we got these prices. That's how it is and we don't need to change. The consumers got to us voluntarily, right?", the press speaker of the company said to GIN Online.
Of course that is, how the market works, but there is more than this to consider, because 2 years ago, when the big masses of new customers got to Enyon, the price of one kilowatt hour lay at 24 cents. New customers were decoyed with the promise of stable prices over the next two years, but had to sign agreements valid for at least 3 years.
People now feel fooled by Enyon, but the energy provider only anwers: "They had the chance to read the agreement for 14 days and in the small print was standing, that we are free to increase the prices after the two years to a maximum of 40 cents. We were transparent enough."

A lawsuit against Enyon is already submitted by several customers, who feel betrayed by the group.

A few people against an entire company - Is a win at the court even possible?

It is not as unlikely as it seems. In several countries it is already law, that the price policy mustn't stand (only) in the small print, but also in the normal agreement, good to find and see.
At the moment there is no rule in GI-Land for this, but maybe this could be the precendent leading to this missing thing.

"We were transparent, the customers had the opportunity to inform themselves. I don't think, that Enyon will lose this battle", the press speaker stated, however Jakob Schürrling, one of the suitors thinks: "We should introduce, that companies can't trick their customers through small print. This should be illegal, because sometimes, it's just not possible to read it. Have you ever seen small print? Sometimes you can take a microscope and can't see anything still!"

GIN Online will continue to report from this process. A result is awaited for later this year.

RE: GIN Online - GI-Land - 04-27-2017

by Lukas Rahgen
28th April 2017, 01:09 h

Former Atlantic King wants to be Chancellor!

The former Atlantic king Ikaros VIII. (*1957, r. 1990-2011) announced today, that he'll run for chancellery with his "King's Party of the House of Atlantis" (KPHA).
The party will only be eligible in Atlantis and Greater GI-Land though.

[Image: alter-mann-235x300.jpg]
Ikaros VIII.

The KPHA was and is a small party and couldn't get even near 0.5% of the votes in the last elections 2013, but that could be different this time.
Ikaros VIII. is a well-known man and for many Atlantics still some kind of martyr - He could bind all Atlantic patriots under one banner again.

"We've got the exciting situation here, that there are still quite a few voters, e.g. a big part of the AVP's voter population, that see Ikaros as the legitimate king of Atlantis.
He can't get into this position again - at least not legally, but he could get the second strongest person in GI-Land next to King Gianluca. This really could be the crucial appeal for voters in Atlantis and Greater GI-Land to make the KPHA bigger than ever before", says political scientist Markus Wröhnhardt.

What's the KPHA standing for?

The party is majorly a conservative party almost only consisting of the House of Atlantis and staff members of it, as well as some friends of Ikaros VIII. 
The big aim is to save the House of Atlantis and make it big and important in the political landscape of GI-Land again.
In contrary to the AVP, it's not the aim to let Atlantis work against GI-Land and King Gianluca, but to work together and get a stronger Atlantic influence on GI-landian politics in the long-term. "We [Gianluca and Ikaros are meant] had an agreement with the Treaty of Atlantis. Our nation becomes part of GI-Land, I'll step down from the throne and we did it like that without any trouble. Still I felt something inside of me, that wanted change and wanted to make its voice heard. I can't agree completely with Gianluca's politics and that's why I want to be chancellor. I want to help him to find the right way of doing things with my experiences, I gained in my life, that he couldn't gain yet and I want a prospering country, which it isn't today in my opinion", said Ikaros earlier this day.

Other campaign promises are furthermore mandatory lessons in Atlantic as of the 1st grade in elementary school and a decentralisation of politics, "away from the establishment in Atlantis". The Gianlucian Tack is seen as positive, maritime traffic should get more investments, foreigners should pay extra for using GI-landian roads and hydroelectric power stations should get used instead of or together with nuclear plants and other renewable energies.

Is there any chance for the KPHA to get into Königspalast?

We asked more than a 1000 people on their opinion on Ikaros running for chancellery.
57% said, they think it's good, 41% said, it's not good. 

When the persons were asked, who they would vote for, if Königspalast-elections were this Sunday, it's notable, that the "Others"-sector increased a lot, but the KPHA would only get to 3% at the time. Too low to get into the parliament. The AVP would lose 2%, same applies for the FDP and SLP. The remaining 3% go to other small parties (2%) and the PPG (1%).
[Image: l2vbfops.png]

What does the current King say?

Gianluca wishes the popular contestant good luck.
"He knows, how politics work and he is a very experienced and fair person. I think, he knows, how to handle this and I appreciate, that he hasn't given up, but does fight now for what he thinks is right."