The South Pacific
The Treecuu Way - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Extra-Canon (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-292.html)
+---- Forum: A1-0 (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-454.html)
+---- Thread: The Treecuu Way (/thread-5878.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Treecuu Way - Qwert - 05-23-2018

Ladon System
Pax Dracon

On the subjugated worlds in the Treecuu Star Empire it was common for governors and vice-governors to arrange honour guards for important visiting Treecuu dignitaries. Teemas had accompanied many high-ranking officers and ministers to planets all over the empire, mainly to train her abilities to interact and communicate with aliens. These honour guards were more directed towards the subject species as one of many ways of displaying force rather than actually honouring esteemed guests.

She rested her hands on her hips and slowly turned her head to take in the view. She concluded the traditional armour and primary weapons implied a more ceremonial purpose. It was also likely the honour guard served to remind visitors of the ancient Drakari history and stability. She looked at the Emperor to see what should happen next.

RE: The Treecuu Way - Pax Dracon - 05-23-2018

"Welcome to the Palace, Emissary Teemas.  It is my fondest hope that you enjoy your stay here during our meeting."  The Emperor smiled as he motioned down the arch of weapons towards the entrance of the sprawling building and began to lead his retinue down the path.

As he did so, he took a moment to look around the avenue, at the honor guard, and at his guest.  He would need to be cautious when conversing with her later regarding the occupation of the Aryyt't homeworld, though that could be worried about once inside.  "Would you like anything for when we get inside, Teemas?  Food, drink?"

RE: The Treecuu Way - Qwert - 05-24-2018

Ladon System
Pax Dracon

Teemas nodded. "I always find it an interesting experience sampling the local spring water or equivalent. There are always subtle nuances: the different minerals and their composition, salt balance, and naturally dissolved gasses."

RE: The Treecuu Way - Pax Dracon - 05-24-2018

Ladon System
Pax Dracon

"That is true, Emissary.  It helps quite a bit when it comes to biological observations as well, considering the unique ecosystems that thrive among those springs.  I will have some brought to you during the rest of our meeting."

RE: The Treecuu Way - Qwert - 05-25-2018

Ladon System
Pax Dracon

Teemas smiled. "Thank you, Emperor. My species evolved from amphibian creatures living in volcanic swamps, and while the volcanism provided the vegetation with vital mineral nutrients, sometimes certain salts and minerals could reach toxic levels. That is why my species are extra sensitive to the quality of the water. Of course, in modern life, we have little use for this, but for me it has become a rather refreshing hobby."

RE: The Treecuu Way - Pax Dracon - 05-26-2018

"It is always good to have ways of passing the time, Emissary.  Forgive me for prying, but I take it that your race has developed a sort of natural resilience to most toxins on your homeworld as a result of development in those marshlands countless eons ago?"  Julianus canted his head to the side, raising a craggy brow in curiosity.

RE: The Treecuu Way - Qwert - 05-27-2018

Ladon System
Pax Dracon

"Yes. Either that, or we can sense when certain compounds reach critical levels. How about your species, Emperor? In what kind of environment did you evolve?"

RE: The Treecuu Way - Pax Dracon - 05-28-2018

Ladon System
Pax Dracon

Julianus thought for a moment, remembering his biology lessons years ago.  "As I recall, anatomically modern Drakari came about in the homeworld's highland forests and mountains as pack hunters.  When we lacked a weapon during a hunt or lost it, we would often give chase after the game our early tribes needed, usually on all fours to improve speed."  The young monarch motioned to the general body shape of the honor guard, revealing the digitigrade limbs that supported them.  "Our legs were perfectly developed for bolting across rough terrain and helping us climb the mountainsides where we hunted."

RE: The Treecuu Way - Qwert - 05-28-2018

Ladon System
Pax Dracon

"Ah, I see! On our homeworld, creatures with digitigrade limbs are considered the most capable hunters. There is evidence their ancestors used to hunt ours when they began their process of leaving the swamps and walking on only the hind legs like we do today. There is also evidence our insectoid cousins domesticated some species of the hunting digitigrades and used them for cavalry at some point in history.

Today, the different digitigrades, and all other animals, can roam freely outside our cities, cherished as a natural part of our history. We believe that every being, small or big, sapient or not, has the right to exist as nature intended."

RE: The Treecuu Way - Pax Dracon - 05-29-2018

"Natural conservationists!  I like it!"  Julianus smiled excitedly, unintentionally baring his teeth to the ambassador.  "I can only imagine the number of wildlife preserves that philosophy has brought about.  I would very much like to see the fauna of your homeworld one day, Teemas."

The doors to the palace opened as they approached, the ancient mechanism sliding open smoothly to reveal a long hall of silver-grey metal, two tiers of balconies on either side of the great hall, the walls and pillars adorned with tapestries depicting what appeared to be stylized depictions of the progress of the Drakari species from simple stone age tribes to an interstellar dominion.  At the far end of the hall sat a throne, the seat and the last set of stairs leading to it kept aloft with anti-grav generators.  Hushed whispers could be heard from courtiers of several species as the Emperor led his guest inside.