The South Pacific
Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+----- Thread: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) (/thread-7677.html)

Pages: 1 2

Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Amerion - 12-17-2019

It is peculiar to be having security-related discussions in the Private Halls and to have a member of the CRS who is unable to view these conversations.

As such I propose we amend the Legislator Committee Act to provide for continued legislator-status for these members.

Quote:3. Legislator Checks

(2) Within the first week of each calendar month, the Legislator Committee will remove legislator status from a legislator if they failed the voting requirement in the past month, if applicable, or otherwise no longer meet the eligibility requirements as described herein. If a legislator no longer meets the eligibility requirements (not including the voting requirement), and it would be impossible for them to meet the requirements before the first week of the following calendar month, the Legislator Committee may remove their legislator status at their discretion before the appointed week. The Legislator Committee may exercise discretion and not remove legislators under reasonable extenuating circumstances. Members of the Council on Regional Security shall be excused from the voting requirement.

Alternatively — because the above amendment may seem to be rather elitist in a way — these may be better options:

(1) the Chair could create a precedent whereby they do not remove legislator status from CRS members; or
(2) a clause could be inserted which allows CRS members permission to both view and comment in the Private Halls without necessarily being legislators.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Omega - 12-20-2019

I would like to make the point that perhaps we should allow CRS members to be non-voting members of the Assembly if they chose to not apply and meet the voting requirement.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Amerion - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 01:29 AM)Omega Wrote: I would like to make the point that perhaps we should allow CRS members to be non-voting members of the Assembly if they chose to not apply and meet the voting requirement.

I think this is an excellent proposal. My concern is that we have a member of the CRS who is currently out of the loop about reform proposals that direct impact them. Having viewing permissions would certainly remedy this issue.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - The Sakhalinsk Empire - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 01:29 AM)Omega Wrote: I would like to make the point that perhaps we should allow CRS members to be non-voting members of the Assembly if they chose to not apply and meet the voting requirement.

This is just a technicality, but what if a non-voting member of the assembly decides to vote anyways? I'm not exactly sure how this works so if this can be circumvented, I'm all for it.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Belschaft - 12-20-2019

Access to the relevant area could be granted by the Chair and/or Admins without legislation.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Omega - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 05:14 AM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote:

This is just a technicality, but what if a non-voting member of the assembly decides to vote anyways? I'm not exactly sure how this works so if this can be circumvented, I'm all for it. 
Their vote would not be counted.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Amerion - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 05:26 AM)Belschaft Wrote: Access to the relevant area could be granted by the Chair and/or Admins without legislation.

*nods*

I'm happy to take the route of Chair/Admin action but I think it would be appropriate to first establish that this is something the Assembly is fine with.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - The Sakhalinsk Empire - 12-22-2019

(12-20-2019, 09:13 AM)Omega Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 05:14 AM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote:

Their vote would not be counted. 

I see. It's good to me then.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Beepee - 12-22-2019

I'd support. Feels like a reasonable amendment for security reasons.

RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act (CRS Member's Assembly Permissions) - Belschaft - 12-22-2019

It’s worth remembering that CRS members are not required to be Legislators.