The South Pacific
[IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Pacifica (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-109.html)
+--- Thread: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship (/thread-8509.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

[IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 07-25-2020

[Image: h2wVYjo.png]

(07-24-2020, 05:08 PM)Qwert Wrote:
[Image: TCfAAJ6.png?1]Ella Sportswear

Proud to be the selected sportswear partner for these fine men's 2020 FWC teams! Love

Sedunn:
[Image: 0yx5EcR.png]

Transsuneria:
[Image: p1lNoc0.png]
#FWC20, #footballkits, #sportswear

(07-24-2020, 06:16 PM)GI-Land Wrote:
[Image: AkMUd0g.png]Gianlucian Football Association (Austral)

Soon....

[Image: h2wVYjo.png]
#FWC2020
[Image: YWR3q2j.png]FENNICK International

When you play for your country, you need to give 100%. The same applies when you design and manufacture the new jerseys for your national team. We present: What our Lucky Charms will wear, when they bring home the title the third time in a row!

[Image: IHNlzBj.png]
#FWC2020, #Glücksbringer, #TheB3ST

(07-25-2020, 01:33 PM)Izaakia Wrote:
[Image: KpnKCVE.jpg]Government of Izaakia

Izaakia is proud to announce its first sustainable FWC team kit, made from 100% recycled fabrics.

Home Kit
[Image: QhCBvVC.jpg]

Away Kit
[Image: 6heeSoi.jpg]
#Sustainable, #GoSharks, #FWC, #Izaakia
73,208[Image: TXRmK69.png]|Comment

(07-25-2020, 03:47 PM)Anserisa Wrote:
[Image: whtIDny.png]SPS

SPS is proud to announce it was awarded the contract for 3 national teams for the upcoming football tournament of 2020. Stay tuned for the designs.
#sportspacifiquesud, #sps, #FWC2020, #football #southpacific #fier

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 07-29-2020

It's Wednesday afternoon and the coaching staff as well as some popular football players and the press from all around the world have gathered for the drawing of the groups of this year's FWC, which will take place in the stadium of Atlantis. You hear it murmur throughout the room pretty loudly and one can see in the eyes of the staff of the newer teams, that they really want to play against "the big fish", so to say. Whether against the hosts or someone from the top of the IUFA/SPIT-ranking doesn't matter.

Lisa Mürnig, the minister of culture, religion, sports and esports, and also a young stunning woman with her long brown hair and green eyes, enters the room and goes up to the front. She will conduct the draw and also some other details about the tournament.

"Ladies and gentlemen,

welcome to the stadium of Atlantis for the drawing ceremony of this year's FWC GI-Land is proud to host once again. At first I want to announce the number of participants this year:
We have 36 participants in this tournament, which is more than ever before."

You hear some applause, before she continues.

"Unfortunately this number requires us to go new ways in how we play out this tournament. To cut down that number to a game plan friendly number, we will have a qualifying round, in which the eight worst teams from the IUFA/SPIT-ranking need to fight for four places in the group stage of the tournament.
Please let me show you the men's current ranking since after the FWC 2018:"

PositionCountryPoints
01GI-Land245
02Sedunn197
03IFF179
04Bruuma174
05Hazelbrust163
06Snolland147
07Esfalsa143
08Omega113
09Karnetvor088
10Ubesii086
11Huawan078
12Kai Fa075
13Rebeltopia060
14Erinor & Sereva059
15Kosbareland058
16Olympia051
17Puerto Pollo048
18Valora027
19TSSS026
20Ryccia024
21Bzerneleg022
22SAM019
23Valkyria016
24Beepee010
25Transsuneria009
26Hystaiga007
27Tigon006
28Izaakia005
29Mauquibie005
30Ikoania004
31North Prarie000
32Fauderland000

"The participants playing in the qualifying rounds are Fauderland, North Prarie, Mauquibie, Izaakia, Transsuneria, Valkyria, Bzerneleg and Ikoania."

She waited for a few seconds, maybe almost half a minute for all journalists to write down their quick notes, before a man brings a rolling table into the room. On top of which was a pot with balls inside. "Inside those balls are the names of the teams, who need to go through the qualifying round. Let's draw the two qualifier groups, whose two best teams will advance to the group stage:"

Qualifier Group A

- Ikoania
- Fauderland
- Transsuneria
- Mauquibie

Qualifier Group B

- Bzerneleg
- Izaakia
- Valkyria
- North Prarie

"All games from Q-Group A will take place in Gianlucastadt in the stadium Altes Sportfeld. Q-Group B will play entirely in Freudstadt in the stadium Fennick-Arena
The first two games - Ikoania v Fauderland and Transsuneria v Mauquibie - will take place tomorrow in the evening already and will be broadcast globally on several free- and pay-TV-channels."

She smiles into the gathered crowd. "As a technical side note: The qualifying games will count into the ranking, but not into the tournament's or FWC-all-time table."

She waits until the room calmed down again a little before another man with another rolling table comes into the room. On top of the table are three pots, again with balls inside them.

"Now it's time to draw the groups of the actual group stage. We will have eight groups of four. The two best teams of each group will advance to the round of 16. Each group has two home stadiums, which will be played in alternatively. The draw goes as follows: In pot 1 are the eight top teams of the IUFA/SPIT-ranking, which get allocated to the eight groups we will form and be the heads of the group. GI-Land as the host of the tournament is however set as head of group A.
In pot 2 are eight 'medium good' teams - the six following best teams of the IUFA/SPIT-ranking and the two winners of the qualifying round. In the last pot is the rest of the participants, including all new teams and the 2nd places of the qualifying round."

Group A (Südtor, Atlantis)

- GI-Land (Host)
- QB1
- Phanama
- Tanis

Group B (Leandrostadt, Osttor)

- Bruuma
- Rebeltopia
- Landland
- Holy Free

Group C (Lindau, Westtor)

- Ubesii
- Kai Fa
- QB2
- RDC

Group D (Arianastadt, Kuckstadt)

- Hazelbrust
- Kosbareland
- FiHami
- Hakapa

Group E (Gianlucastadt, Sogdorf)

- Sedunn
- Puerto Pollo
- Chola
- RIM

Group F (Nordtor, Tragas)

- Huawan
- Valora
- Tekarai
- Royaltica

Group G (Freudstadt, Neustadt)

- Snolland
- Ryccia
- QA2
- Tribekistan

Group H (Fabris, Französisch Ort)

- IFF
- QA1
- Anserisa
- Pax Dracon

"I hope, you're looking forward to this tournament. Like I said, the qualifying games will be played as of tomorrow, the official opening game will be next week between GI-Land and whoever won the qualifying group B! If you need to take a look at our game plan again for your articles, please do so at www.iufa.com."
-

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - Izaakia - 07-29-2020

Izaakia announces its mascots for the upcoming qualifying campaign and World Cup.
This years mascots will be sharkie and pingu, Izaakias favourite animals.
[Image: rTbCIMh.jpg]

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 07-30-2020

Qualifier Round
Day 1

Ikoania 0 - 3 Fauderland
Transsuneria 5 - 1 Mauquibie

(OOC: After the scores you'll often read an excerpt of the post-game analysis from BUS TV SPORT. The expert, "Schmidty", is a former Gianlucian national player with the last name "Schmidt".)

"What have we seen here, Schmidty?"

"Well, we see that Fauderland is able to win some games. If they keep up playing with such a good defensive strategy, I'm sure we'll see them in the group stage of the FWC soon, which would be their 6th appearance in an international competition. The goals were sometimes very lucky. At one point I asked myself, why the VAR wasn't used, because I think, the Faudish number 6 was clearly offside and the third goal just squeezing through the knees of the Ikoanian goalkeeper would not have been needed per se.
Yeah and in the other game: I don't know, where the rumours come from, that Transsuneria is a bad team. In 2018 they got into the knockout stage and we probably see down there young, but already very developed players, that play in the big leagues of countries like Sedunn, Karnetvor or GI-Land. I don't see, why Transsuneria can't finish further up on the tournament table once again."

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 07-30-2020

(OOC: Due to several people wanting to speed up "the unimportant bits" of the tournament, I will not put so much love into the other qualifier games, but I count on the roleplayers behind the qualifier-round nations, that they help me a little bit to even everything out Wink )

Qualifier Round
Day 2

Bzerneleg 2 - 0 Izaakia
Valkyria 6 - 2 North Prarie

"What we've seen here is, that sometimes there are no surprises in football. The favourites won and Valkyria is on its way to their 18th tournament participation. They have never won a world cup before, so wouldn't it be interesting to have them as the underdog team that comes very far in the tournament? Or do you like rooting for Transsuneria of group A more?"

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 07-31-2020

Qualifier Round
Days 3 & 4

Ikoania 2 - 0 Transsuneria
Fauderland 0 - 2 Mauquibie

Bzerneleg 1 - 0 Valkyria
Izaakia 1 - 0 North Prarie

"The football God wants us to get an heart attack, I suppose. The final day in group A will be very interesting, because whoever wins advances, and if there is a draw, the goal difference will decide. In group B however it's only exciting to see anymore, who becomes 2nd. I'm pretty sure Bzerneleg stays on the no.1-spot and thus will play the opening game against the hosts."

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 08-01-2020

Qualifier Round
Days 5 & 6

Mauquibie 0 - 0 Ikoania
Fauderland 0 - 3 Transsuneria

North Prarie 1 - 2 Bzerneleg
Izaakia 0 - 0 Valkyria

"All of those games were pretty fun to watch for sure. We saw in both groups a game, where the teams with a small advantage didn't use that advantage by playing down the clock until close to the end of the game (talking about Valkyria and Ikoania) and up until now, North Prarie against Bzerneleg was probably the best game of the tournament (laughs). It could've ended either way and North Prarie was really unlucky, that they received those two goals in the last ten minutes by Bzerneleg. 
As for the game between Fauderland and Transsuneria: I think, that small island nation wants to hype us up. Only some memorable chant by the fans would be missing..."

"What are you referring to here?"

"Oh...Nothing. Anyway: The Transsunerians have a good build-up strategy and their forward is a classical one executing his job with ease. I already mentioned it probably a few times, but I'm really looking forward to their games in the group stage."

"And how do you think the groups will play out?"

"Well, let's take a look at them, shall we?

In group A we've got GI-Land, Bzerneleg, Phanama and Tanis. Bzerneleg showed us in the qualifiers, one should count on them, so it goes without saying, that I think, they are in a really good position. We are the hosts, so everyone wants to beat us, but to be honest, we have two newcomers here, so I think the game against Bzerneleg will be the hardest and if we can manage to get a victory over them or a draw, we should be able to play that group with relative ease.

In group B we have Bruuma, Rebeltopia, Landland and Holy Free. I'm sure about Bruuma advancing, simply because they have done so well in the last tournament. They are still hungry from last time and want revenge against GI-Land and I think, the statistics might even speak for me here. I'm somewhat sure, that teams got champions more through consistency than through luck. The second team, that could advance....It's hard to say. Rebeltopia's golden times were back in the 80s, still they don't play bad football in general....The newcomers could see themselves, having this in mind, in an easy group though, so it might be, we see a newcomer advancing here.

In group C there are Ubesii, Kai Fa, Valkyria and Reizen (RDC).... Let's make it quick: RDC won't advance. Out of the head I'd say Kai Fa has a better track record than Ubesii, so...They will advance and.....Yeah, Ubesii too. Valkyria was advancing from the qualifiers, but not with such a favourable result, that I would say the upcoming group will be easy for them.

Group D welcomes us with Hazelbrust, Kosbareland, FiHami and Hakapa. This group is either one of the most interesting or uninteresting ones for all football fans, I'd say.
Yes, we've got the champions of 2008 in there, Kosbareland, but also two newcomers, at least one of which having not really that much interest in football - especially men's football, because, you know, politics - , then Hazelbrust, that overall seem to me like a surprise package, because they either do very well or not well at all with nothing in between...I think either Hazelbrust or Kosbareland will advance and with them one newcomer.

Group E: That's the group with higher security measures around the stadiums and hotels of the teams. Sedunn and the RIM hate each other and Puerto Pollo is neither one's friend either. Chola is standing there like an outsider and that could get a problem, because the hunger might be missing to ultimately win against your opponent, which is not only one on the field, but also in real life. It's safe to say, that Sedunn is advancing once again and I already see it coming, that the RIM will do good enough as well, which will lead to more heated matches.

Group F consists of less hate between each other. Huawan, Valora, Tekarai and Royaltica could not be looking more indifferent at each other. Huawan is the clear favourite to win the group, otherwise it's anybody's game. Two newcomers and a team, that didn't do much in previous world cups either, make it too hard to predict the second favourite, but I bet once again on a newcomer.

Group G has Snolland, Ryccia, Ikoania and Tribekistan in it. Like Hazelbrust Ryccia is a surprise package and exactly like them, they only either play a very good world cup or a very bad one. I bet, this time they rather play a good one. Snolland more or less has a host bonus too, because fans don't need to drive far to see them, so I think my stance on who's advancing, is clear here.

The last group is Group H and, man, I'm so excited for it, because the old saying 'The best comes at the end' is so true here. There are only big names in there. Frost is doing extremely well overall in the FWC, Transsuneria is my darling and THEY WILL ADVANCE, I promise you that. Pax Dracon and Anserisa all let a bell ring inside your head and I'm so sure, we will see many surprising games there. I'd say, this group has the best chance to be like qualifier group A and end up like a mess after the second match day with all eyes on them on the final day of the group stage."

"Alright, thank you for your predictions. We might look at them again after the group stage, which will begin tomorrow officially with the opening match between GI-Land and Bzerneleg. See you soon!"

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 08-02-2020

Group Stage
Day 1
Opening Match

GI-Land 1 - 2 Bzerneleg

It was Sunday, close to noon, when I was outside with my friends.
It was hot outside, but still my friends and I played some football in those 'cage football pitches' you see around playgrounds. I wore my GI-landian black away-kit from 2018 as I tried to score at least one goal against my friend Micha. Micha is almost a professional goalkeeper. He's the substitute for the main goalie in a 3rd division team, but they currently have summer break, so he has time to come around his neighbourhood and play a little with his old friends.

I had no real chance and my friends neither. We really did not understand how he's so good and not playing at least a league higher, but not as a substitute, but as a player on the field. He asked for a break and we came together, all having our blue or transparent small water bottles in our hand to rehydrate.

"Guys, I'm so excited for the opening match", said Micha before looking at the clock. "Oh, it's almost noon and the game will start at 13:30 h! I probably need to go very soon, if I want to make it home on time". He was talking about his new home of course, near Südtor.
"No", I said. "Stay here. You could come to my home to watch the game. Mom also prepares some snacks, like in the good old times."
I really hoped I was convincing enough and he actually thought about that offer, but then answered: "But I can't leave my girlfriend home alone. We wanted to watch that game together. And there's also no way she can make it here on time. No car and driving into Südtor for a GIE first, but then needing to drive with a regional train to here from Osttor just...it's too long of a ride."
I was sad, maybe a little disappointed of that, but we just live two different lives after all. For me, football and the community we've got in our little town is all I could wish for, even if I bat my eye on some cute girl or boy already. But he left this old community mostly behind, to follow his dream of becoming a professional footballer and to make his girlfriend happy.

He woke me up from my thoughts: "So, how will the game end tonight? Bzerneleg seems pretty strong to be honest...I'm scared we might lose."
Micha didn't need to finish the entire sentence, before at least 6 people made angered noises. "How dare you think, we would lose! We are the best team in the world at the moment after all. We clap them easy", argued Basti. "I wouldn't be too optimistic, Micha has a point...", Mira tried to interject, but Basti turned around as if one would've insulted him personally. 
"You're right, Mira. I'm sure we can win, but it will be a difficult task", I picked up on the interjection. Mira smiled with me with her green eyes and nodded, before Micha started to pack his stuff and give each of us a small hug.
"We're gonna do it", he said reassuringly before walking away into the direction of the nearby supermarket's parking lot, where he illegally parked his car.

I kneeled down near my bagpack and started to pack my stuff too and Mira was suddenly behind me. "May I come with you?", she asked with a big smile. I looked to my left and up at her, the sunlight coming from behind and letting her glow heavenly. Was she always that beautiful? That skin, where everyone saw one of their parents was from the Bruuman part of the world, the green eyes, the curly, brown hair, which she wore open normally, but was in a ponytail at the moment, so it doesn't annoy her, when she plays with us.
I pondered about her question shortly, when I catched my normal thoughts again and said: "Sure", since my family does like her and won't mind whether she or Micha or some other good friend of mine will sit with us during the game and eat some crisps or cookies with the rest of the family.
She was visibly happy, almost making a small jump, when I accepted the invitation, she gave herself. I stood up and started walking towards my home, she being next to my side and talking about her new cute puppies, she ultimately needed names for now. "You can name one too, if you want!"
"How about....Bello?", I said, knowing fairly well, this name sucked, as that was one of the most boring names for a dog ever, but she replied: "Bello! What a beautiful name. You have always the best ideas."
I was unsure about all that.

From the playground to my home it's around 10 minutes. I got my keys out of the pocket and opened the door: "I'm home, and I brought Mira with me!"
"Ohhhhh, how nice! Come here, darling", my grandmother immediately replied and took Mira in for a big hug. "You became bigger since the last time, didn't you?", she asked her. She saw her a week ago the last time, so it was highly unlikely anything changed, but Mira still nodded politely and gave the hug she received back to my grandma.
"Valle, come here and help me with the snacks a little", my mother called out from the kitchen. "Coming", I called from the aisle and swiftly put away my bagpack. I washed my hands at the sink and did everything my mother told me to. It mostly was the annoying work of putting details into the food. Making footballs by painting balsamico on Mozzarella balls or putting flags into each small cube of cheese, which will be eaten together with a green grape later. After some time, I haven't taken a look at the clock, we were finished and served what we made to the family in the living room. We put everything neatly on the coffee table, while the TV behind me already blurted out some commercials - something normally only happening on state-funded TV during the world cups.

"Here, sit next to me", Mira told me and patted on the place on the couch left of her. I kindly fulfilled her wish and sat next to her, which in turn once again made me receive one of her very warm smiles. And....for whatever reason our living room lamp gave her a halo once again. We looked at the TV during the first few commercials for cars, AtlantisAir, the Gianlucische Bahn, some bank from Omega no one has ever heard of up until now, but which promises you an interest rate of 2%, if you open an account now (but just for the first year, after that it'll drop to 0.25%). In the meantime Mira seemed to get closer to me anytime she took some food from the table and then leaned back again. I was unsure yet, if I was okay with that or if I should tell her to give me some space.
I couldn't finish pondering about that, because suddenly the commercial break was over.
One could notice that, because the two main sponsors of the event made their appearance:

"The opening match of the IUFA Football World Championship between GI-Land and Bzerneleg gets presented by:

Schumachers - Fast food at its best

and

SPIT - Such South Pacifican. Much iced tea. Wow!"

Then this year's world cup jingle, which will always play between the game and either the commercial breaks or the game analysis, came up. The Gianlucian commentator was starting to talk about how he welcomes the viewers to the stadium of Südtor and talked about some technicalities before presenting the starting eleven from each team.

GI-Land was playing with the following line-up:

----------------------(11) Szalok------------------------
--------------------(23) Kristiansen--------------------
(13) Hertzog------------------------------(19) Pfaff--
------------(6) Ygass---------(8) Ostermann---------
(5) Wirth----- (3) Vogel---(15) Bayer-----(2) Stern
---------------------(1) Springer------------------------

The teams entered the stadium, the audience was cheering phenomenally.
Both teams lined up at the center of the pitch, on the right arm of each player and referee was a black bandage as reaction to the occurences in Landland.
Me and my entire family stood up for the national anthem of GI-Land. "Freiheit, Ehre und Respekt...." we began to sing as I noticed Mira clinging to my arm. I looked at her surprised, while I sang, but she looked at me with such puppy eyes, that I figured for myself, that I don't really mind her doing that, while we sang our hearts out for our nation. When the stadium started applauding after the anthem, we did so too. We didn't sit down for the Bzerne anthem either. My father even tried to sing along with it, because he loves their culture so much.

Bzerneleg won the coin toss and so could begin, while GI-Land picked a side. They wanted to play with the Bzerne fans in their back first.
The game was full of attacks and counter-attacks from both sides until unfortunately the Bzerne no. 7 relieved us from that excitement a little by scoring the 1-0 in the 28th minute. The hosts were in the back.

"NOOOO!", my grandpa shouted and I wanted to rise up and be angry, but thanks to Mira....No, she couldn't stop me. I was too furious about that lack of enthusiasm I thought I was seeing from our team in that moment, even if I said earlier to everyone else, that Bzerneleg is a good team and, to be honest, 1-0 in the back is nothing. We can still catch up.
Sadly this didn't happen until half-time, which led to big and partially loud discussions between the men in the household, my mom and Mira trying to bring a voice of reason into the debate every now and then.

"The second half began and GI-Land went full into attacking mode. Bzerneleg had no chance at all and that for almost half an hour straight. In the 72nd minute the score got finally evened out by Kristiansen. We all were cheering and I hugged Mira tightly just out of some kind of weird instinct, that you need to hug somebody, if you're really happy. She blushed, my mother told me later. I wasn't aware enough of everything, because my eyes were glued to the TV even while cheering.

That moment of joy came to a quick end though, because while gawking in our head at that goal in retrospect, Bzerneleg was starting their typical tactics from the qualifiers again and built up pressure close to the end of the game. In the last minute of additional time they scored the 2-1 and we were devastated. Surprised in a bad way, although this play of that team was no surprise at all.
When the referee ended the game, I laid against the back of the couch again and just stared at the ceiling right above the TV. "It was a close match and we will win the next two times", Mira tried to cheer me up, but I wasn't in the mood to get cheered up. So we sat there for a while, my mother and grandmother going into the kitchen with all the plates and glasses to make the dishes and my father and grandfather going outside to smoke a Bruuman cigarre to calm down. Mira was looking at me with worried eyes. Not that I saw them, but I felt it. She leaned her head on my shoulder, closed her eyes and we just stayed there a little while longer - until the inner pain got less.

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 08-03-2020

Group Stage
Day 2
Match Day 1
Groups A, B, E & F

Phanama 0 - 0 Tanis

Bruuma 0 - 0 Rebeltopia
Landland 3 - 7 Holy Free

Sedunn 1 - 0 Puerto Pollo
Chola 0 - 2 RIM

Huawan 1 - 2 Valora
Tekarai 3 - 1 Royaltica

"First of all we have seen two draws and the one of group A was hurtful to watch. The teams really did not put any effort into being in some way offensive and if they keep that up, they might get one or two more of those draws, but I don't want a world cup full of draws. Group B's draw was a bit better to watch, but here also I was unpleasantly surprised by how defensive both teams acted. I hope, they will think of another tactic in the next games.
Phanama and Tanis both could take the game between Landland and Holy Free, both newcomers too, as an example for a fun game to watch. Admittedly, with scores that high, one could ask themselves, why those teams are in the world cup, but that's not the main question as long as the game is fun for the audience.

In group E the trigger for political football supporters couldn't have been pulled better. RIM is on the number one spot in the group now, just in front of Sedunn. Chola, like expected, wasn't able to have the right amount of fire burning inside of them to pull off a good game against the Reizeners.

Group F started with a surprise for me when Huawan get pretty easily defeated. They were in front after six minutes, but then Valora turned the game around within the next 16 or so minutes and played a good defensive strategy until the end. "Chapeau" to that.
Additionally Tekarai seems to want to gain that underdog bonus, like Transsuneria has, too. I'm excited, if that will work, since they will meet Huawan and just because they lost today against Valora, doesn't mean they will lose again - especially not against some newcomer."

RE: [IC] 2020 IUFA Football World Championship - GI-Land - 08-04-2020

Group Stage
Day 3
Match Day 1

Groups C, D, G & H

Ubesii 0 - 0 Kai Fa
Valkyria 2 - 3 RDC

Hazelbrust 3 - 2 Kosbareland
FiHami 2 - 1 Hakapa

Snolland 5 - 1 Ryccia
Ikoania 4 - 3 Tribekistan

IFF 1 - 4 Transsuneria
Anserisa 0 - 1 Pax Dracon

"What we've seen here is, that the teams really don't want to give us boring games like yesterday some partly were. The game between Ubesii and Kai Fa was an exception. It wasn't boring, because of the score, I have to say - since some comments on Stream read something along the lines of 'I couldn't enjoy a goalless game'. Yes, I can, but if you're just friendly to one another, because you might be friends in real life too....That's not how you play football!
Neither was the way Valkyria did. They had a 2-0 lead! They were the favourites! And then the coach substitutes their best forward AND defense player out, because they seemed tired. To be honest, the forward didn't seem to pleased to get swapped out, if we take a look at a slow-mo of the replay of that substitution...

[The viewer can see a player with a very read head and angry expression, seemingly shouting towards the coach behind him]

The next group gave us a taste on Hazelbrust's team this year and it really seems, they're on their way to a good year once again, which makes me very happy. If they continue playing like that, I see them in the round of 16 easily, maybe even in the quarter finals.
FiHami was very good too. I'm a bit sad, this team might not get as much attention as the ladies last year, but I need to be honest with myself too: The ladies rocked it last year with barely falling out of the group having the same amount of points as the first two positions on the group table....

Ryccia shocked me. When I said, they will have a good year, I really meant it, but I also called them a surprise package. And here's the surprise. Not the nicest one, but getting kicked out of their shoes with 1-5 is really not the standard this team should aim for. They still got two chances, but this game already has made it quite unlikely, they'll advance into the next stage, except the God of football is with them.
Ikoania played a solid game and that last free kick goal was so good. I'm not sure though, that today's performance will suffice against the next two competitors.

Just like Ikoania, I also view Pax Dracon as a team with a playstyle, which is not guaranteeing them a place in the round of 16. Transsuneria on the other hand....Wow.
I'm breathless. If that's not their golden generation, then I'm unsure what should be. But one has to stay on the ground, it's just one game, that they won and if they lose the next two games, I will probably talk about them as the....bronze generation or so."