The South Pacific
[PASSED] Constitutional Amendment - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+----- Thread: [PASSED] Constitutional Amendment (/thread-8945.html)

Pages: 1 2

[PASSED] Constitutional Amendment - Kraljevstvo Rata - 11-18-2020

THE CHARTER OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

IV. THE ASSEMBLY

(4) During an interim period in which the Chair is not in office prior to the election of a new Chair, a deputy appointed by the previousoutgoing Chair will serve as Acting Chair to exercise all powers and responsibilities of the office of the Chair, subject to all regulations and restrictions imposed upon the Chair by law. In the event that more than one deputy was appointed, the most senior deputy according to the order of appointment and availability will serve as Acting Chair. In the event that no deputy was appointed or is available, the Cabinet will designate a legislator to serve as Acting Chair.

Just to make it a bit more understandable.

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Purple Hyacinth - 11-18-2020

(the same amendment, but with proper formatting, if you would like to copy that into the original post)

IV. THE ASSEMBLY

(4) During an interim period in which the Chair is not in office prior to the election of a new Chair, a deputy appointed by the previousformer Chair will serve as Acting Chair to exercise all powers and responsibilities of the office of the Chair, subject to all regulations and restrictions imposed upon the Chair by law. In the event that more than one deputy was appointed, the most senior deputy according to the order of appointment and availability will serve as Acting Chair. In the event that no deputy was appointed or is available, the Cabinet will designate a legislator to serve as Acting Chair.
Tips for future amendment proposing:
1) Use "bill" or "quote" BBCode around your amendment
2) Include the title of the law in your amendment
3) Use ellipses to show where you're omitting text

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Kraljevstvo Rata - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 07:57 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: (the same amendment, but with proper formatting, if you would like to copy that into the original post)

IV. THE ASSEMBLY

(4) During an interim period in which the Chair is not in office prior to the election of a new Chair, a deputy appointed by the previousformer Chair will serve as Acting Chair to exercise all powers and responsibilities of the office of the Chair, subject to all regulations and restrictions imposed upon the Chair by law. In the event that more than one deputy was appointed, the most senior deputy according to the order of appointment and availability will serve as Acting Chair. In the event that no deputy was appointed or is available, the Cabinet will designate a legislator to serve as Acting Chair.
Tips for future amendment proposing:
1) Use "bill" or "quote" BBCode around your amendment
2) Include the title of the law in your amendment
3) Use ellipses to show where you're omitting text

Ok, thank you!

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Rebeltopia - 11-18-2020

Technically, the outgoing CoA is the CURRENT CoA, not "previous" or "former". So, I think youre on to something here, just the woding you've used is technically incorrect as well.
Quote:IV. The Assembly

(4) During an interim period in which the Chair is not in office prior to the election of a new Chair, a deputy appointed by the previous outgoing Chair will serve as Acting Chair to exercise all powers and responsibilities of the Chair, subject to all regulations and restrictions imposed upon the Chair by law. In the event that more than one deputy was appointed, the most senior deputy according to the order of appointment and availability will serve as Acting Chair. In the event that no deputy was appointed or is available, the Cabinet will designate a legislator to serve as Acting Chair.

I think this serves as better verbiage.

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Kraljevstvo Rata - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 08:20 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Technically, the outgoing CoA is the CURRENT CoA, not "previous" or "former". So, I think youre on to something here, just the woding you've used is technically incorrect as well.
Quote:IV. The Assembly

(4) During an interim period in which the Chair is not in office prior to the election of a new Chair, a deputy appointed by the previous outgoing Chair will serve as Acting Chair to exercise all powers and responsibilities of the Chair, subject to all regulations and restrictions imposed upon the Chair by law. In the event that more than one deputy was appointed, the most senior deputy according to the order of appointment and availability will serve as Acting Chair. In the event that no deputy was appointed or is available, the Cabinet will designate a legislator to serve as Acting Chair.

I think this serves as better verbiage.
change made.

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Delegate Vanderpool - 11-19-2020

Support

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Bleakfoot - 11-19-2020

Does this require an amendment? It doesn't seem to alter the way the law works, just clarifies some of the wording. I would have thought the Chair could do the same thing using their discretionary powers.

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Jebediah - 11-24-2020

(11-19-2020, 07:08 AM)Bleakfoot Wrote: Does this require an amendment? It doesn't seem to alter the way the law works, just clarifies some of the wording. I would have thought the Chair could do the same thing using their discretionary powers.

Discretionary powers are meant for keeping a consistent style - while this is clarifying something that was unclear. I'd say that this is right on the edge between the two but falls into legislation because of the possible confusion with "previous".

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Rebeltopia - 11-28-2020

Motion

RE: [PROPOSAL] Constitutional Amendment - Purple Hyacinth - 11-28-2020

A quick note: since this isn't urgent, I won't be bringing this to vote until December 1st so that I don't have to delay my legislator check and State of the Assembly.