The South Pacific
The Cookie Crumble, Bakers of St. Mystere - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Extra-Canon (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-292.html)
+---- Forum: Aurora (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-455.html)
+---- Thread: The Cookie Crumble, Bakers of St. Mystere (/thread-8996.html)

Pages: 1 2

The Cookie Crumble, Bakers of St. Mystere - Hammerstar - 12-06-2020

[Image: vBAvv8x.jpg]
A ride to St. Mystere, the township of the Societal Legion. Taking the Iron Horse to the small township, you wonder about the large station the train stopped on. For such a large station, the town is certainly small yet charming. Unlike the other buildings that stand high and mighty in Cairns Cross, the town of St. Mystere does not crawl unto the skies, rather puffs their chimneys as they sit short like a colony of mushrooms. Simple coloured roofing and stone pavements, the township was clean and well maintained, it is all they had. Upon exiting the station after flashing your ticket to the automaton station man, you see a small fountain surrounded with gardens, the post office on the left bringing mail unto the train, while a series of houses follow to the centre of the town. An inn stood tall, one of the two in the city, serving bread and beer till the dead of night, and the perfect place to gather after a long days work in the mines or the factories.

[Image: RnWe7S7.jpg]
Walking further through the stone pavements in a beautiful city, you stumble across a little gem in a corner. A small establishment seen through a pane of glass, inside are a series of loaves and pastries adorning the kitchen with the colour of freshly baked bread, tasty chocolate paste or powdered sugar. The smell of bread entices passersby to enter, to stay and buy some baked bread, made with love and care. The smell continues to invite you inside, and the door rang a bell, you see not only pieces of bread in baskets and shelves, but also a series of stools facing a small fire oven and a set of knives, where the baker would cut the bread as wanted or accompany you over a glass of coffee and mead.

Your eyes wander around the small establishment, and you see the bakers. An old man whose body well fed adorned by a ragged apron, with a face tested by time and dough, scars abode but was as strong as iron. Pumping the accordion to the fire and sliding the loaves of bread unto the kiln to bake, while a beautiful porcelain doll of a girl, no more than the age of 18, hair tied with a ribbon and sweat reflected her bright face, kneading the dough with gentle care and delicacy. Every knead is an infusion of all the love and care of the world, into a single secret mix of eggs, flour, yeast and milk.

The girl then gazed towards you after hearing the bell and smiled. She wiped off the sweat with her rag and walked towards the table in which stools adorn one of its sides. You could've sworn that when she closed the door, the dough was still kneading itself. Magic? No, you're just tired, perhaps some bread would be good for you.

[Image: hsaS107.png]
WELCOME TO THE COOKIE CRUMBLE, We are the Bakers of St. Mystere

If you'd like to buy a piece of our creation, please, we would be happy to serve you! If you would like to talk about your day, then, by all means, we're here to listen. How about a pot of coffee or a glass of mead with that love? <3

Don't be a stranger, please come in for some fresh bread

Menü

Emotion Pastries (Leaves you with the feeling of chosen flavour)
[Image: GlgNNoR.png]

Butterbread Variants
[Image: BjgCuyB.png]

Loaves (May be sliced)
[Image: image.png]

Pastries (Orange for made by request, yellow is present daily. Pie flavour changes every day, and seasonal
[Image: Pain-perdua.png]

Cakes (Two Baked everyday, may be made upon request)
[Image: Koek.png]

Drinks
[Image: drink.png]

RE: The Cookie Crumble, Bakers of St. Mystere - Hammerstar - 12-06-2020

OOC Note:

Welcome to the Bakery of St. Mystere. What I imagined this bakery is like Lampshade Bar for Aurora (Without the shitposting) So there are two ways you may interact with the bakers, you may buy bread in a sentence, like the following

"Hi there, I'd like to buy a piece of your Rye loaf please."

In which case the bakery will provide you the Rye Loaf and the convo ends. You can also expand the conversation and the roleplay

"Hello, may I sit down?" Said a hooded man as he enters the bakery

"Of course, please, is there anything I could get you?" asked the Old Baker.

"If it's possible, could you get me some raspberry danishes and a glass of mead? It's been a while since I've come home, and I'm afraid my wife is mad at me."

"Oh alright then, perhaps you'd like to talk about it?"

-- And so on and so forth

This could also have OOC characters, such as yourself, entering the bakery, but dialogue is done in the RP Way. So take it like the Lampshade bar, but for roleplayers in Aurora. Also, don't hesitate if your character is across the world from St.Mystere, a simple teleportation/broom delivery would get your order to your hands, still warm and crisp Cheese

So do drop by Happywide

RE: The Cookie Crumble, Bakers of St. Mystere - Scar - 12-06-2020

A casually dressed young man enters, flipping a shining, pitch-black coin. He calmly approaches the old bakery owner.

"What's good, Deer? The usual, please."

RE: The Cookie Crumble, Bakers of St. Mystere - Hammerstar - 12-07-2020

"Welcome old friend! ehh... Hen is it?" Said The Old Man as the bell was rung. he was cleaning the pantry. "Come in, come in! I will prepare your usual, I'm sure you'd like it toasted?"

RE: The Cookie Crumble, Bakers of St. Mystere - Scar - 12-07-2020

"Yeah, just like every week, thanks." 

The young man takes a seat, still flipping his coin before turning to his longtime friend. "How's the shop been? I know I didn't come in last week, my bad."

"Ah, you missed it herr Hen. We sold the raspberry strudel special last week, it was a hit! The League's Pikenieres came to the bakery and ordered an entire tray! Imagine that, an entire tray, Hahaha." Laughed the Old Man, alright, my granddaughter will prepare your usual for you, excuse me, I'll go get the butter for you, fresh today! Good taste, good taste."

The Old man got down the counter and searched for the freshly pressed butter. He took out a bucket of golden buttery paste, and with wooden spatulas, took a piece and started shaping the to look like blocks.

"Alright, good to see you're holding down the fort, Deer," the young man said in mild enthusiasm. "The food's good as ever, but business is never your strong suit. I was even beginning to worry that you flat-out ignored the tax guy again."

The young man glanced out the window, then back at the old man, preparing butter, as he did as long as the young man was a young boy. Somehow, the simple process of preparing butter takes him back to his unholy youth, when life was crueler and every other corner was out to get him. The bakery was his only constant.

The young man snaps out of it. He patiently awaits his usual goods with a familiar smile.

"Here you are, mein herr." Came the young girl with a tray. A plate with a slice of apple and berry pie with some cream on the side. Piping warm. Another plate was also sitting next to it, some Rye bread with a small bowl filled with sugar.

"Zucker und butterbrot, with the "Memory Pie"." She said as she laid the meals down, the small box of thick and preparing butter was placed on the side of toasted bread. She then wiggles her index finger on her right hand and summoning the glass to her hand. Glass on her right, her left hand snapped, and the glass slowly filled with a syrupy brown liquid. After filling, she places it down on the table. "and pikerose Kvass."

She gave a nice cheery smile, and gave a light nod. "Gut appetit, Herr Hen." Before moving back into the kitchen.

The old man gave a warm laugh, "Hahahahaha, some girl isn't she?"

"Yeah, I'm glad you finally have some help. I remember when we were younger I'd tease her over her cooking skills, and now she's almost as good as yourself."

The young man took a small sip of his Kvass. He examined his surroundings. Same old unintelligible painting hanging on the lone middle pillar, same old kegs covering a portion of the back wall, same old fading paint.

His eyes eventually came across a hole in the wall, before turning back to the old man, tending to another order. "Man, I ran into that wall AGES ago. It hasn't been fixed yet? I can pay now if you want."

RE: The Cookie Crumble, Bakers of St. Mystere - Hammerstar - 12-08-2020

"I'm happy that the lass is enjoyi'n herself a'least." Said The Old Man as he decided to pack the butters while talking, his accent came out as he shaped the butter "and as for da'hole, I knae full well it's ya, I dinnae need ta, it's a small hole. and der's na point in forcen ya tae do anythen."

[Image: adorable-loaves-of-bread-shaped-like-ani...dblbig.jpg]
The butter was shaped into one golden yellow block, smelling like pasteurized milk, you can tell it was fresh. The old man looked for the paper to cover the butter, when some creatures, circular bundles of baked dough with cute piglet-like features, eyes with sesame seeds, came pushing a stack of butcher paper to the old man. They hopped as they pushed the stack of paper closer, and close enough, hopped away to join the others in the kitchen.

"Its gannae be afternoon soon, dae workers come home as dae sundoon-markt comes. The lass is preparin the fresh bread to sell later." Said The Old Man as he wrapped his block of butter before moving on to the next one "How'r ye likin' de pie Hen? I'm surprised that yae continue to choose memory pie, de cakes seem to provide essences and feelin's. Of "Love" and Romance, of "Faith" and Belief, of "Redemption". The lass says that de pie allows ya to... remember long lost good memories."