The South Pacific
excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Election Headquarters (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-67.html)
+----- Forum: June 2021 Cabinet Election (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-523.html)
+------ Forum: Minister of Culture (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-527.html)
+------ Thread: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP (/thread-9412.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - im_a_waffle1 - 06-01-2021

Doge Land for Minister of Culture
I guess it's that time of the year again, isn't it? This is my campaign thread for this election... and yeah, it'll be good. Sorry if some of it seems like I'm just rambling, I'm pretty tired but I want to get out my campaign thread tonight. I'll also be talking about the MoC Discord channels here to show some inactivity from the last term, however, if you do complain about this not being public information, it IS public information, you just have to take the steps to find it, unlike the legislator lounge.

What I'll Do This Term
I'm sure you're wondering my plans this term. Well, I'll lay them out here in a list:
  • More Events
What I believe the previous Minister extremely lacked on was events. Sure, there were Theme Thursdays, but they were the only event going on. There was some planning for other events going on in Discord, but by the beginning of May, all discussion on these events essentially halted and the only discussion that went on in the MoC Discord channels during the month of May was about Theme Thursday and, more notably, who will do Theme Thursday in the absence of the Minister.
  • More Ministry Engagement
This one kind of falls into the "inactivity" category like the last one. Because of the lack of events and planning of events, there was barely any activity inside of the ministry. Between May 7th and June 1st (today) 2021, there was 15 messages posted in the MoC general channel. In the MoC rp planning channel for things like nation showcase, there hasn't been a single message there since April 7th. Which leads me to my next point:
  • Activity from Citizens
I do believe that if the previous Minister had posted his plan for an event inside of a public channel for feedback from people outside of the ministry, he would have gotten lots of positive feedback or constructive criticism, and may have continued working on the event for people. Another name for this would be "transparency" while working on events, unless they were meant to be surprises.

So, that's my plan, summed up in 3 points. I know I won't get burnt out and disappear a month into the term, I can promise you that, however I can tell you now for a fact I will have my activity cut back for 1 week and 1 WEEK ONLY at the end of June since me and my family are going on vacation, but that is the only time I should have low activity. I would probably also delegate some of my tasks as MoC, like doing Theme Thursday every week, to someone in the ministry (probably one of my deputies although I'm not sure yet).

Conflict of Interest
Oh boy, everyone's favorite part. I run the regions of Fern, The New Doge Region, Bill Wurtz, and Phil Swift, own all of the nations in them, and also own Doge Land in the South Pacific and South Doge Land in The Rejected Realms. I am a citizen in The Rejected Realms.

This concludes my campaign post. Time for me to sleep.

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - Apatosaurus - 06-01-2021

Some questions ^-^

(06-01-2021, 10:33 PM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote:
  • More Events
What I believe the previous Minister extremely lacked on was events. Sure, there were Theme Thursdays, but they were the only event going on. There was some planning for other events going on in Discord, but by the beginning of May, all discussion on these events essentially halted and the only discussion that went on in the MoC Discord channels during the month of May was about Theme Thursday and, more notably, who will do Theme Thursday in the absence of the Minister.
What ideas for events to you have that you are planning on doing?
This one kind of falls into the "inactivity" category like the last one. Because of the lack of events and planning of events, there was barely any activity inside of the ministry. Between May 7th and June 1st (today) 2021, there was 15 messages posted in the MoC general channel. In the MoC rp planning channel for things like nation showcase, there hasn't been a single message there since April 7th. Which leads me to my next point:
How do you intend to solve this other than the running more events?

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - im_a_waffle1 - 06-03-2021

(06-01-2021, 10:41 PM)Apatosaurus Wrote:
  • More Events
What ideas for events to you have that you are planning on doing?

In the MoC discord channel people were talking about a TSP Olympics back in late-April. The ideas are there, but it was never executed. I'd like to fine-tune those ideas and make something of that nature. I'd also try to make something like a shorter MegaFest that Swifty tried to do back in... was it December or January?

I'd love to collaborate with the LC to bring some events to the RMB and just game-side in general. I feel like previous terms have been lacking in game-side events and have been focusing too much on Discord.

Also, I'd try to bring back some older events that never really went anywhere because nobody tried to actually dedicate a little bit of time to them or advertise them well enough. I thought Forum Fridays were really interesting and had a lot of potential, but that failed after 1 time. No offense to Aga on this one- I feel like it was more on the minister at the time for forgetting about the event and failing to notify Aga about Forum Fridays after the first one.

(06-01-2021, 10:41 PM)Apatosaurus Wrote:
How do you intend to solve this other than the running more events?

I'd love to get more people active in the ministry, preferably on Discord but I want to make sure people know that the MoC exists on the game-side RMB and region as well so I'd have a couple people be "recruiters" where they'd just routinely post ads about MoC events and try to get people to join the MoC. I may also have a couple people who make dispatches about the MoC's events so people on the game-side can be easily informed about things like Theme Thursday, Forum Fridays, TSP Olympics, and other events where a dispatch would be more preferable over a long RMB post with poor formatting.

We would also have somebody working to coordinate with other ministries and even regions for events, FA-style. Not sure if we could just grab somebody from MoFA but that's something for the next FA minister.

I love these questions, keep em coming Smile

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - Kris Kringle - 06-03-2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

[Image: yVO1LNm.png]

JUNE 2021 CABINET ELECTION

03 June 2021

Dear Candidate,

This is a notice to remind that, as per Article 4 of the Elections Act, there is a separate period for campaigning that is due to begin after 3 days of declarations of candidacies have passed. The relevant text of the Elections Act is presented as follows:

Given the importance of ensuring that as many candidates as possible have a fair and equal opportunity to make their cases before the electorate, I would respectfully ask you to limit the scope of your campaigning until the formal campaigning period begins on the following date:

Campaigning shall begin on June 5th at 12 AM (UTC) and conclude on June 12th at 12 AM (UTC) (click for countdown).

Please consider time zone differences when reviewing the dates and times for the beginning and ending of campaigning. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with all legal requirements within the mandated time frames (click for time zone conversion).

Thank you for your consideration towards your fellow candidates, and good luck with your campaign!

Faithfully yours,

The Election Commissioner

[Image: JRHPqCU.png]

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - im_a_waffle1 - 06-04-2021

(06-03-2021, 10:11 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: -snip-

ooo okay. I'll hold off on everything until then.

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - Purple Hyacinth - 06-04-2021

What kind of events are you looking to plan? Will there be contests, short games, festivals, or other events? Will your time be focused on smaller or larger events?

How do you plan to coordinate the events? Will there be a dedicated monthly Culture Calendar?

Will you be using cultural events to pursue an interregional agenda (for example, events with allies)?

How do you plan to achieve more internal ministry engagement besides recruitment to the ministry?

What previous culture experience do you have?

What do you believe previous MoCs have done particularly well, and what do you believe previous MoCs have done particularly poorly?

Why are you interested in culture?

More questions may come later :)

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - Jay Coop - 06-05-2021

I just have to ask this question of great significance: if you are elected Minister, will the Ministry of Culture run a lottery for Dogecoin?

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - im_a_waffle1 - 06-05-2021

(06-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: What kind of events are you looking to plan? Will there be contests, short games, festivals, or other events? Will your time be focused on smaller or larger events?

I am looking to plan contests and a couple of festivals. Short games will be within that time. My time would be more focused on larger events, since those take longer to plan and would probably yield more regional activity, so it's important a lot of work is put into those.
(06-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: How do you plan to coordinate the events? Will there be a dedicated monthly Culture Calendar?

There would be a Culture Calendar so me and the staff of the MoC can make sure that there are enough events to keep the region interested.
(06-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: Will you be using cultural events to pursue an interregional agenda (for example, events with allies)?

I believe I stated this in my last post responding to Python, but I will say it again. I do believe I will do interregional events as to strengthen bonds with other regions and to allow for larger events to happen, rather than what we could do just with a few people here in TSP.
(06-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: How do you plan to achieve more internal ministry engagement besides recruitment to the ministry?

Somebody could be coordinating with the culture ministries of other regions, and there could also be somebody making dispatches to make sure the game-side population is informed about events happening.
(06-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: What previous culture experience do you have?

Back when I was in my old region, the active population (me and probably about 20 others) would plan out events in the roleplay since the regional government rarely did anything concerning events or regional culture. This included things like wars and technology races in the RP.
(06-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: What do you believe previous MoCs have done particularly well, and what do you believe previous MoCs have done particularly poorly?

Previous ministers have been great at planning events- back in late-April, when planning for the TSP Olympics was going on, a lot of people in the MoC were engaged in helping plan these events. However, these ministers have not done very well in execution of these events due to varying reasons. I believe I could execute these large and long events well to create more regional activity.
(06-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: Why are you interested in culture?

I like planning things and managing things. Doing these events sounds like fun and it is very interesting based off of previous experience. I've never done it in a large region like this before, so it would be a interesting experience.
(06-05-2021, 12:41 AM)Jay Coop Wrote: I just have to ask this question of great significance: if you are elected Minister, will the Ministry of Culture run a lottery for Dogecoin?

Hmmm I don't have any Dogecoin on hand but I'll try to get some Wink

I think I answered all of the questions for now, if I missed yours let me know

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - Stan Melix - 06-05-2021

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

RE: excellent campaign for Doge Land as Minister of Culture for TSP - Purple Hyacinth - 06-05-2021

(06-05-2021, 08:41 AM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: How do you plan to achieve more internal ministry engagement besides recruitment to the ministry?

Somebody could be coordinating with the culture ministries of other regions, and there could also be somebody making dispatches to make sure the game-side population is informed about events happening.
How do you plan to encourage activity besides just giving people work? Anyone can say "you need to do X, they need to do Y", but how will you make sure that 1) people want to do the work, and 2) they will actually complete the work you assign?