We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more...

Weighing in as MoRA, it has generally run as three ministries under the guise of one, with it requiring deputies to function.

The splitting of the MoRA is a reasonable step especially if we plan to reintroduce some form of fellowship program
Call me toast.

I am 100% against this. This creates too many Ministries and there is no way we could get enough people who want to do the jobs and people who have the experience to do the job. We currently don't get enough people running for RA so how are we going to have enough people running for three different Ministries. To prove this the past four elections:

November 2014- Three people run
March 2015- Two people run
July 2015- One person runs
November 2015- Two people run

With three different Ministries they won't have much to do, people won't get much experience and I think it would be even less active. This is just crazy in my option and I strongly urge people not to support it.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

I tentatively support this, but I'd like to see some language.

I'm not worried about filling the spots in elections. These are opportunities for newcomers. Even if not enough people run the first or second time, I imagine desire for the job will increase sooner or later.

I might possible vote for this if it was just broken down to two Ministries, Culture and Communications however I do still fear about the numbers.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(01-08-2016, 04:53 PM)Punchwood Wrote: I might possible vote for this if it was just broken down to two Ministries, Culture and Communications however I do still fear about the numbers.

I second this.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

Here is a more Charter like version of the Ministries.  Again this would eliminate the Local Council and change the MoRA to Culture and Entertainment.

Ministry of Culture and Entertainment
1.  The Ministry of Culture and Entertainment will be led by the Minister of Culture and Entertainment.
2.  The Ministry is responsible for planning and carrying out Cultural Events for the region and with allied regions.
3.  The Ministry is responsible for planning and carrying out regional contests and games.
4.  The Ministry is responsible for promoting the usage of off-site gaming activities.

Ministry of Integration
1.  The Ministry of Integration will be led by the Minister of Integration.
2.  The Ministry is responsible for the welcoming of new nations to the forum and region.
3.  The Ministry is responsible for the integration of new forum members into the community.
4.  The Ministry is responsible for organizing and promoting the Fellowship Programme.

Ministry of Communication
1.  The Ministry of Communications will be led by the Minister of Communication.
2.  The Ministry is responsible for the organization of a regional newspaper.
3.  The Ministry is responsible for the organization of a regional radio network.
4.  The Ministry is responsible for the creation of official regional dispatches and press releases.

I fully support the splitting. I don't think looking at past candidate numbers has the slightest bit of relevance, because I feel like if you create the position, candidates will come. Of course you're not going to get heaps of people running, especially if they feel they have no chance of winning, but now, it would be possible for more people to get a chance as minister, and would of course generate more candidates, interest, and activity.

The MoRA, as it is, isn't a one person job. Far from it. You really need at least 4 people, a deputy for each branch, and the minister, and even then that's well and truly enough work for everyone. What Punchwood said about people getting little experience, and it being less active, is so blatantly wrong, in my opinion. How can having enough people to actually get things moving lead to less activity? What are you even getting at with people getting less experience? You act as if there are people who are actually trying to get experience. You talk as though if there were these people, they wouldn't be concentrating on what part of the ministry, anyway. Or that it would be impossible for them to help out at two, or three, of the new ministries. What could be better for giving people experience than giving leadership of a ministry?

I see no reason whatsoever to not support this, as it stands.

One point that I was thinking of today would be how would Scylla be affected by these changes. So this would be something that I think we need to have a little bit of discussion on. I was thinking maybe allowing him to pick one of the three Ministries to serve the remainder of the term for.

Either that, or we could wait until the end of the term to bring it into effect, similar to the formation of the local council. I think Scylla should get the ultimate say here.

I agree with waiting until the end of the term. However, having two new ministries is still too much I believe. Yes, we will probably get enough candidates to run for these positions, but others to help would e scarce. Also, the regional affairs ministry being stripped of many of its roles and adding them to two others could make any citizens working in them 'bored'. There wouldn't be enough to do and there wouldn't be enough activity for the whole term. Therefore, I support adding only one new ministry. However, Regional Affairs can still be modified and its roles spread out between itself and the new ministry.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy: