We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more...

(01-08-2016, 11:25 PM)Zak6858 Wrote: I agree with waiting until the end of the term. However, having two new ministries is still too much I believe. Yes, we will probably get enough candidates to run for these positions, but others to help would e scarce. Also, the regional affairs ministry being stripped of many of its roles and adding them to two others could make any citizens working in them 'bored'. There wouldn't be enough to do and there wouldn't be enough activity for the whole term. Therefore, I support adding only one new ministry. However, Regional Affairs can still be modified and its roles spread out between itself and the new ministry.

Emphasis mine. That's my main concern as well.

I think we should split them now under a unified banner, if that makes sense.

What I mean by this is I would take over a ministry (as suggested by Hile) and serve, tentatively until the minister feels there is sufficient activity, as a sort of deputy within the others. Currently my nearly-ready projects spread across all 3 proposed ministries and so I'll be contributing regardless throughout my term. I think now, when there is the least activity, is the best time to make such a significant change.

This means it is possible to help section up projects and such while they are fledgling. You can see my concern in having ongoing stuff being handed around between ministries in a few months time all of sudden
Call me toast.

(01-08-2016, 11:35 PM)Scylla Wrote: I think we should split them now under a unified banner, if that makes sense.

What I mean by this is I would take over a ministry (as suggested by Hile) and serve, tentatively until the minister feels there is sufficient activity, as a sort of deputy within the others. Currently my nearly-ready projects spread across all 3 proposed ministries and so I'll be contributing regardless throughout my term. I think now, when there is the least activity, is the best time to make such a significant change.

This means it is possible to help section up projects and such while they are fledgling. You can see my concern in having ongoing stuff being handed around between ministries in a few months time all of sudden

I fully agree with the Minister here. I used to serve on a Student Representative Council (SRC). We had several committees. At one point Council voted to separate a committee into two different committees. They picked the wrong time to do this however and things became chaotic. It re affirmed my arguments during the voting period that it was a bad idea. This committee was separated while it was in the process of several projects. Long story short, neither committee was clear on how they were supposed to finish the projects and many of them were abandoned. As such, the Minister's plan to separate now and aid in the management of the new ministries until they are ready for full independence.

I would also like to note that some people here have been saying we wouldn't have enough people to run for the new ministries and we would have 'empty seats'. I can assure you, that won't happen. Every time my council created new positions people always ran (and we were a school of only 1200). Our region has 5295 nations within its borders and many ambitious leaders running them. I assure you, someone will run.
Emperor of the Empire of Conservative Canadians
Citizen of The South Pacific

Let me just say there is a distinct difference between a school environment and our environment in NationStates. We barely get enough people running as it is, so creating too many which need helpers as well as the minister is stretching it. I do understand we have 5000 players, but many disregard our forums and running for positions or working in ministries.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

^Not to mention the vast majority that just logs on to answer issues.

<33

What you guys are missing that, with the exception of right now, this is how the ministry is typically run. Nothing is changing bar titles, and gives what used to be deputies a bigger role in things. I think it should open up the playing field for getting more and more people involved. The thing about helpers in MoRA is the fact that you're taking on such a large section of responsibility. Less responsibilities = less helpers required for smooth operation. I'm fully in favour of this.

It also helps ensure people are around to complete various tasks, by giving them deputies as a minister versus a deputy.

The ministries are going to be closely aligned in their working side-by-side with some parts anyway, so I think it's a good step towards increased regional activity (which has been brought up numerous times)

Performing it as early as possible also opens up the opportunity to revert to a single ministry for the next election if it flops horribly.
Call me toast.

(01-09-2016, 02:09 AM)Scylla Wrote: What you guys are missing that, with the exception of right now, this is how the ministry is typically run. Nothing is changing bar titles, and gives what used to be deputies a bigger role in things. I think it should open up the playing field for getting more and more people involved. The thing about helpers in MoRA is the fact that you're taking on such a large section of responsibility. Less responsibilities = less helpers required for smooth operation. I'm fully in favour of this.

It also helps ensure people are around to complete various tasks, by giving them deputies as a minister versus a deputy.

I would rate you positively for this but apparently I have reach my daily limit for such things.

Consider this seconded.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

I really feel like this change would be really beneficial for the ministry. It should bring more people into the ministry, which will allow a lot more to get done, rather than relying on one person to do everything, which is how it is now. Even one other person helping out would make a big difference, and I feel like this will bring more than just one person.

We'll see how it goes. Experimenting is just what we need. Tounge

<33

The only was is up from here.