We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Changes - Local Council, MoRA, Cabinet, and more...

In this case, it clearly is broken, and clearly does need fixing.

(01-10-2016, 08:15 AM)Hileville Wrote: I wasn't going to respond to this but after a little thought I think a few things must be said.  It is extremely unfair of you to come back after disappearing with almost two weeks left in your term as MoRA without so much as telling anyone what was going on.  You further isolated yourself from the region and hid behind a private admin forum to meet your two post requirement so you keep your citizenship. Your departure set MoRA back because of the way you disappeared.

Whether meant or not this paragraph was written and comes across as you announcing that you want a job again.

I am not back, and I am definitely not interested in joining the Cabinet. I am very happy in semi-retirement. If I were back I would dedicate the entirety of my time to roleplaying, since that is the one activity in the region that I find fun and engaging. It is no secret that I consider the Assembly a toxic space and would rather avoid it as much as possible. I happened to notice discussion about the Ministry of Regional Affairs and offered some honest thoughts, since I still am one of the more experienced people in this area. I said that more than legal change it needs focused leadership, and I still stand by that assessment.

I also did not hide behind anything. I only post when I consider something needs to be posted. I did so in the Administrative Office and am doing so in the Assembly. If I truly wanted to keep my citizenship with only the bare minimum I would post in the Hall of Spam, like others have done in the past. Besides, most of my time since for the past month has been focused on passing my finals and traveling abroad. I seriously doubt anyone would argue that I should prioritise NationStates over those two.

Regardless, I made it very clear to Scylla weeks ago that he only needed to send me a private message if he ever wanted some help or if he wanted me to post newspaper articles, since I still have ownership of the Southern Journal and TSP Weekly nations. I might not be interested in being at the frontline of government service, but it is just not true that I would not offer any help. When approached, I have always answered.

With that clear, I will happily leave the Assembly once again. If anyone does want to keep in touch or ask me anything, my messages inbox is always open.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I think whether or not Kris wants the position again is beside the point. He was speaking from someone who did a lot with RA in the past and using himself as an example. I don't think that is "unfair" but instead a valuable assessment from someone who has previously done the job.

While Kris and I disagree on multiple points, I'd sooner us have his insights — irregardless of the direction we take — and inform what we do moving forward.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(01-10-2016, 10:14 AM)Sam111 Wrote: In this case, it clearly is broken, and clearly does need fixing.

But it isn't broke. You are being told by two experienced members in RA that spliting the Ministry is a bad idea, listen to their advice.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Yet many other people, some also with a fair amount of experience in RA, are saying it's worth a try.