We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CSS Recall of Sam111

The question here to whether or not to remove Sam from the CSS.
We are not removing his citizenship, charges are not being filed, he isn't be banned from the region.
This is just a discussion on whether or not to remove Sam from the CSS.

Since Sam has not personally explained his side of the story to the Assembly, I see that as a big red flag.
The only information we have been given is from third party sources who have been in contact with Sam.
The fact of the matter is this, he abused his power as a CSS member and unlawfully ejected members of the region.
Through Third party sources he has claimed he did not speak up during the incident for fear of reprisal, but he has also used that as the reason for not participating in any of the event after the incident ended.
He has not been an active member of the community, and has not owned up to any of his actions during the incident either.
He has deleted all record of conversation with me pertaining to the incident, as well as conversations with others.
As if he were trying to cover his tracks to avoid any of that information becoming public.

I guess we just have to ask ourselves if an inactive, nonparticipating citizen, who ejects people from the region illegally, should remain on the Committee for State Security. The Committee whos job is to protect the region from just such an incident.
Semi-Unretired

(03-01-2016, 08:44 AM)Drugged Monkeys Wrote: I guess we just have to ask ourselves if an inactive, nonparticipating citizen [...]

Who voted on the current Judicial Appointment vote in the Assembly, most likely voted via PM for the General elections, has logged into his CSS nation nearly every day, and has been visiting the forum on the regular, if the official citizen roster is to be believed.

I'm not disputing your thinly veiled attempt sway to voters, Drugged Monkeys, but lets not get all fast and loose with the facts just to win support for your side.

Sam telling his story would have been good to know both sides, but it wouldn't make a difference. He's not been posting recently, not especially in his recall thread, and he actively partook in a coup. Not qualities befitting of a CSS member, whatever his thought process may have been during the events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

(03-01-2016, 09:16 AM)Cathalea Wrote: He's not been posting recently, not especially in his recall thread

*Wolf checks the Citizen Roster*

Last active? Today. Last two posts? On 02-25-2016 and 02-21-2016.

Now I will note that there is a discrepancy between what the Citizenship Roster says and what I can see of his last posts. This most likely means that his last two posts were in an area that most citizens can not see, such as the Committee for State Security, which is probably the only hidden area Sam has access to.

Again, not disputing if he's a good CSS member, I just hate it when facts are replaced by lies simply to make an argument more convincing.

He has not posted in the CSS forums, no.

Where did those two posts come from then?

Is it possible that the Citizen Roster is broken and can't be used to track citizenship?

If you look at Sam's lastest post, it was under the MoRA. I imagine the second latest was as well.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(03-01-2016, 11:30 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: If you look at Sam's lastest post, it was under the MoRA. I imagine the second latest was as well.

Ah, well the last post that I am allowed to see came on 02-03-2016 and was in the Assembly. It seems the MoRA has more secret areas than I was previously lead to believe.

In any case, this certainly isn't lending credence to the claim that he's inactive and never ever posts.

I'd like to inquire as to what end you seek with this continued emphasis on his posting in recent weeks. I've learned I won't be saying 'never posts' again. Excellent. Moving on.

ProfessorHenn
Legislator

So we are going to allow CSS members to illegally eject members and still remain on?
That's the example we are going to set.
Semi-Unretired