We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] Flash News
#1,171

They are of my concern. You have effectively declared war on college students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator
#1,172

Shhhhhhhh
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

#1,173

Stop trying to talk me down like I'm a goddamn child. I, for one, am glad I didn't just force a large number of college kids out of the country.

ProfessorHenn
Legislator
#1,174

If people want to study art, they can do so at an Art College. Meanwhile, the main universities shall not fund the arts.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

#1,175

But why not? What do you have against the arts?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
#1,176

Why bother with dedicated art colleges when main universities have perfectly good art programs as is?

ProfessorHenn
Legislator
#1,177

(03-10-2016, 05:42 PM)Ryccia Wrote: If people want to study art, they can do so at an Art College. Meanwhile, the main universities shall not fund the arts.

Well, gee, with that line of thinking, lets defund all the science classes and make all the students go to a science college. Ohh, while we're at it, let's defund all the math classes to get all the math students to go to Math colleges. And while we're at it, let's stop all Foriegn languages and make all of those students go to a Foriegn language college.

See why that line of thinking is bad?
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

#1,178

What do I have against them?

Let people on Discord tell you

#1,179

What's the difference between "useless" art and "real" art? What seperates "useless" poets and "real" writers? (Or are you getting rid of literature too?)
#1,180

For me, "useless" art is poems, canvas art, all that stuff.

"Useful" art is architecture, music, movies, graphic design, etc.