We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2016 in America

(03-18-2016, 09:35 PM)Belschaft Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 09:31 PM)Qvait Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 05:06 PM)Belschaft Wrote: Obviously, but I'd also vastly prefer for America to be rid of the NRA and the Christian right. I'd also vastly prefer to be a billionaire with the looks of Michael Fassbender....

Thanks for saying "Christian right," because I am part of the Christian left.

So long as you're not trying to make the rest of us live our lives according to your invisible friend's commands, feel free to believe in anything you want.

Well, I am pro-life with exceptions, but I don't want to impose my beliefs on others. I find that a majority of people who are part of the Christian right are hypocrites. The most obvious one is capital punishment. The vast majority supports it, but there is a Commandment in The Bible that says, "Thou shalt not kill."
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

(03-18-2016, 09:39 PM)Qvait Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 05:06 PM)Belschaft Wrote: Obviously, but I'd also vastly prefer for America to be rid of the NRA and the Christian right. I'd also vastly prefer to be a billionaire with the looks of Michael Fassbender....

So long as you're not trying to make the rest of us live our lives according to your invisible friend's commands, feel free to believe in anything you want.

Well, I am pro-life with exceptions, but I don't want to impose my beliefs on others. I find that a majority of people who are part of the Christian right are hypocrites. The most obvious one is capital punishment. The vast majority supports it, but there is a Commandment in The Bible that says, "Thou shalt not kill."
*nods*

Then we can agree that I won't try and force anyone to have an abortion if they don't want to, and you won't try and stop someone if they do want to?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

(03-18-2016, 09:42 PM)Belschaft Wrote:

*nods*

Then we can agree that I won't try and force anyone to have an abortion if they don't want to, and you won't try and stop someone if they do want to?

Yes.

My History

(03-18-2016, 09:45 PM)Qvait Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 09:42 PM)Belschaft Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 09:31 PM)Qvait Wrote: Thanks for saying "Christian right," because I am part of the Christian left.

*nods*

Yes.

Excellent.

And you won't try and defund planned parenthood? Or try and get abortion clinics shut down?

Of course, I'm a libertarian among other things.

My History

Wonderful Smile

-.-
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

All right, let's go back to why any Republican in the past 15 years is worse than Bernie or Hillary.

Trump is a neo-fascist, racist, violent reactionary demagogue who actively calls for his supporters to "beat the crap out of" protestors at rallies. Almost all of his speeches these days end in violence. Are you comfortable handing control of the world's largest nuclear arsenal to this man?

Cruz is just as bad- it just doesn't show as much. He doesn't believe in climate change. He wants to raise the sales tax to 19% to cover his massive tax cuts on the rich. He has also said that he wants to build a wall on the Mexican border, and when Iran detained US soldiers that had accidentally trespassed into their waters, he said that he would have launched a military response.

The soldiers were released less than a day later.

I know Marco Rubio has dropped out, but I'd like to bring him up anyway. Rubio tried to portray himself as the moderate response to Trump, slamming him for running a campaign of fear- despite the fact that he used many similar fear-mongering tactics. He was also the one who made the comments about Donald Trump's small hands, causing Trump to brag about the size of his genitalia on national television.

Once you've filed past these clowns, John Kasich starts to look pretty good, doesn't he? But no, only in this crowd could he pass for a moderate. He has not, for example, done much to endear himself to LGBT activists, and has taken extensive action to defund Planned Parenthood.

Bernie and Hillary starting to look pretty good, eh?
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

America lol.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

America has lots of problems, especially with how we conduct national elections. If I became the "Supreme Dictator of America," I would break up the Democratic and Republican Parties, which would give rise to a variety of third parties. Then, I would get rid of the outrageous delegate count and Electoral College. The only way for a politician in this country to get elected is if he or she wins the popular vote, instead of accruing delegates and electoral votes.

My History