We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A proposal

Hey, what are your thoughts of me building something like the great wall of China? From Zephyr to Tierri, bordering the nation?

The wall is made in the past btw.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Don't care. It's your nation.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

It's not gonna be China's or Trump's... It's gonna be like the one in Games of Thrones (That's what I had in mind)

But the chinese one is good anyway. I'm gonna surround my wall with forests, fogs, and assassins to destroy those who stray near... If I can't have the mystery thing, I want to be completely isolated.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

I mean, trade may take a hot, but your nation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

Why do they have the wall though? China's was built to repel raiders from the north (and ultimately failed at it more than once across several Chinese dynasties), Trump's would be built to keep out Mexican immigration, most other RL walls were built to stop a combination of immigration, terrorism and/or drug trade, GoT's was built with magic to stop a giant horde of undead ice monsters.

So you're either stopping something from getting in and thus create huge barriers to trade and any other interaction with the outside world (apparently the point of this) ot keeping something in which is another story altogether.

I think you'll have lots of roleplayers reconsidering their recognition of you if you start building unrealistic walls and isolating yourself with no reason. And I don't mean that as a threat, I mean it as a statement of fact.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I mean, it seems as if you want to be the North Korea of TSP.

To which I say, 당신의 나라는 안됐다.

ProfessorHenn
Legislator

perhaps there is another proposal on how should I make an isolation? The wall is constructed after the twilight of Maelstrom to prevent outsiders...

- Doraemon

Simple: Go North Korea! Shove up border defenses, brainwash the population to hate the outside, and be <everything>ally backwards!

ProfessorHenn
Legislator

Why do you even need to isolate?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System