We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Osiris

Maybe just ambassadors assigned by the Ministet. Sounds like a much easier proposal.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(04-25-2016, 02:40 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: Maybe just ambassadors assigned by the Ministet. Sounds like a much easier proposal.

I can agree to that.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Here's a new proposal:
Quote:Resolved: The South Pacific will send Ambassadors, under the direction of Minister of Foreign Affairs, to the Osiris Fraternal Order and to the Almighty Jesus Whale. These Ambassadors will not only be responsible for giving updates on what is occurring in the South Pacific to their assigned group, but will also be responsible for giving any important information to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and to the Assembally on the current situation. Should the Ambassador believe any action is needed they may give a request to the Minister of Foreign Affairs to present to the cabinet, and they can also make a request directly to the Assembally.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be tasked with the selection of these two Ambassadors.
Has Been
What's Next?

Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Can you explain why we need to send ambassadors at all?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(04-25-2016, 11:39 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Can you explain why we need to send ambassadors at all?

My reasoning is to provide an official presence that either side can easily be able to converse with and make any requests to. t also allows us to have someone who can become better acquainted with what each side would need in terms of support and so we have a better idea of what is happening.
Has Been
What's Next?

In my experience, regional governments either approach the Foreign Minister or the Delegate himself. Very rarely, if at all, will they contact the appointed ambassador, when a higher up can directly, and easily, be reached through telegrams, IRC or any other means of communication.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

When it comes to negotiating policy at best ambassadors are messengers. And in general our typical ambassador tends to end up being untrained with little to no foreign affairs experience, and none of them would have any political grounds to negotiate anything even of they were skilled.

And again we still run into the issue of trying to negotiate with both sides here when we are less than 12 hours away from a complete diplomatic breakdown between both sides, and peaceful reconciliation is all but impossible now given the mutually exclusive goals of both sides here.

I think, perhaps, we should let the Cabinet write a statement?

(04-25-2016, 12:35 PM)Farengeto Wrote: When it comes to negotiating policy at best ambassadors are messengers. And in general our typical ambassador tends to end up being untrained with little to no foreign affairs experience, and none of them would have any political grounds to negotiate anything even of they were skilled.

Yeah that's what I am to Lazarus. But the lack of training really should addressed.
Has Been
What's Next?

This is becoming a discussion on the merits of an ambassador corps, which is not the topic of this thread, but I'll just say that even if you were properly trained, you wouldn't do much of political substance as ambassador.

Legal Resources: