We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Flash News
#1,201

The Caasdian Pirate party has won a plurality of seats in the Caasdian election, taking 216 of the 555 seats. Caasd Green took 146, the breakaway New Pirates took 62, Republican Alliance took 46, Atomic Party took 45 and the Blue Party took 40. However, the Revolutionary Pirate party failed to pass the 5% vote threshold, only gaining 2.2% in total. Negotiations have begun regarding the formation of a coalition government.
#1,202

In a statement released by the Acting Prime Minister (and leader of the Caasdian Pirate party), they have pledged to "work with any party that will assist us [the Caasdian pirate party] in forming a stable government", whilst not giving up on their five key manifesto pledges, which were "high speed broadband for all Caasdians", "closer ties with the SCO", "the total phase out of non-renewable energy", "more devolution within the states" and "the introduction of the strongest anti-discrimination laws in the region".
#1,203

President Margaret Harrison announced that Qvait and Winston Island will merge on 1 August, 2016.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
#1,204

There are calls for monarchy among many Unionese.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

#1,205

Following the Qvaitican referendum, the head of Karnetvor's former Royal Family, Otto Pavlović (self-styled King Otto II of Karnetvor), declared "Glad that the people of Qvait has decided to end the inherently corrupt presidential system. Let's hope the people of my own country can do the same someday", on the Stream social network. Most members of the former royal family, which ruled Karnetvor for 51 years, have been living in exile since the overthrow of the Karnetvorian monarchy in 1989.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
#1,206

For the first time since 1923, the Qvaitican Royal Family has been restored. However, the Royal Family is in disarray.

My History
#1,207

President Margaret Harrison has announced that Queen Katelynn Williams of Winston Island will be the first monarch of the United Kingdom.

My History
#1,208

Monarchy is increasingly becoming popular, as supporters believe it would stop a dictatorship from happening, or, at the very least, make it harder to occur.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

#1,209

In reaction to the monarchic restoration in Qvait, and Otto Pavlović's remarks, thousands of citizens went to Karnetgrad's Central Square in a rally "in defense of the Republic". Cries and shouts of "never again!", and "long live the Republic!" could be heard. The rally supposedly had support within the government, as various government officials were present.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
#1,210

A new party, the Royalist Party, has surged into popularity, with 7-12% of the populace approving it. Numbers are expected to rise.