We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TRR treaty

I'm far from the biggest support of Unibot, but I support this treaty and the GCR unity behind it.

Alright, good. Smile I'm going to write the fluffiest and most optimistic preamble I possibly can, and hopefully we'll get this finalized with TRR soon.

Please make a big thing out of GCR unity and the defence of our sovereignty. We need to make this as agreeable as possible.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Honestly -- I haven't been the biggest fan of Unibot. But he's part of the region and, if we're going to have a treaty with someone, why not a region who happens to have one of our government officials as their delegate?

Does anyone from the TNI even interact in the region?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I think Sir Pitt is from TNI as well, but other than that, I don't think so. I don't even know who's in TNI's government, or how it's government is structured, tbh.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

What do we need to ratify a treaty? 50% or 75%?

Either case, I think this is a fine treaty. If TNI doesn't like the idea, well maybe they could either participate in the region and/or not berate our elected officials.

Just so I'm clear -- there's nothing in the treaty that would directly conflict with the TNI treaty correct?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(05-25-2014, 09:23 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: What do we need to ratify a treaty? 50% or 75%?

Either case, I think this is a fine treaty. If TNI doesn't like the idea, well maybe they could either participate in the region and/or not berate our elected officials.

Just so I'm clear -- there's nothing in the treaty that would directly conflict with the TNI treaty correct?

I've gone through the TNI treaty and am confident that we are not violating it.

Legal Resources:

While talking to Unibot I raised the idea of running a cultural event once we pass this treaty, and he seems to be on board with the idea. We (the cabinet) had discussed this idea on IRC previously, and Unibot seems to be on board with the prospect.

Bump,

So, when are we planning on bringing this to the assembly?

The plan is to bring it at the same time as the Lazarus treaty. However, Lazarus is currently electing a new delegate, and can't approve the treaty until the new government is in session.