We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Flash News
#1,331

Despite Protests against the Sedunno-Resentinian war games by local Ultranationalists the Frost Empire has accepted the Sedunnic invitation and will send a military delegation to observe the games
#1,332

In a shock move, the Khasa Marcoral Arutyarcad, the Erinoran parliament's conservative-dominated upper house, has vetoed the government's latest bill on nationalising a number of private medical service providers, despite the bill passing by a two-thirds majority in the lower house, Khasa Massirs. This is the second government bill to have a rough time in the upper house although the previous bill, on applying for membership of the SCO, was still passed by a narrow margin.
#1,333

In the 6 September special election, Nicole Chancellor became the Leader of the Opposition.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
#1,334

An unknown man has been hijacking cars of foreigners heading along the Coastal Highway from Dinar Beach to Zadin.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:
#1,335

The Ryccian Federation and the Imperial Union are holding the first-ever Ryccian-Unionist Military Exercises. This year's drills are being held close to the Zadinerian border, and they involve 100,000 troops.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

#1,336

In an interview with Mado Erinead, Ura'sia Yena Yamera-Hyudo has expressed her disappointment at the recent veto of the Health Service Nationalisation bill by the unelected Khasa Marcoral Arutyarcad. She stated that the government have begun working on a proposal to see a new, elected upper house take its place.
#1,337

Many Resentinian Parliament Representatives have expressed a need for a Parliament Foriegn Declaration advocating for Nationalized Healthcare, citing the recent troubles in Erinor for such a bill. When asked about the creation of a declaraction, Representitive Andrius Gylys(Barden-LD), creator of the National Health Act in Resentine, said "Good healthcare is something I consider to be a base item for democracies to ensure their citizens' freedom. Seeing what's occurring in Erinor is, depressing, to say the least, and I would happily vote for a PFD to advocate for Nationalized Healthcare for the rest of Pacifica if it helped."
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

#1,338

In a Central News poll, 64% of Qvaiticans and Winstonians believe Chancellor Margaret Harrison's "era of peace and prosperity" is here.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
#1,339

In a Resolution passed today by unanimous vote, the Supreme Electorate stated its opposition to any I from TSP-SOFT that would cause the FSoO to become controlled by any other country, on the grounds that the neutrality of the FSoO would be compromised. They did not include an international court in the resolution because it seems as though 3 of the 5 parties are in the dark on the issue. Only ON and the OFA released statements on the issue and stated that they were opposed to it.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
#1,340

The Democratic Republic of Erinor has agreed to send a number of its top botanists and genetic engineers to Bruuma to help them with their current cash crop crisis, with the hopes of avoiding a similar fate befalling Erinoran agriculture.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8