We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Regional Security

Oh, not necessarily, I just figured since I wrote the OP and did most of the bookkeeping so far, it'd make sense if I wrote the initial drafts.

It's also a lot of work, so if we can separate it out, that's fine by me.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I'm happy to help wherever you need me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Seraph

As I see it, the current recap:
  • The CRS and LegComm are dissolved.
  • The DC (Defense Council) is formed, consisting of high-influence high-endorsement nations.
  • The CSI (Council on Security and Intelligence) is formed, consisting of trusted individuals with, ideally, experience in regional security.
  • The DC's requirements are the mechanical requirements of the current CRS (maybe slightly adjusted to fit with the times), plus approval by the CSI.
  • The DC tracks and looks after things like SWAN and enforces the endocap as per CSI recommendation.
  • The Delegate must be a legislator and either on the DC or be otherwise eligible for DC, and must have and include a service record with their campaign.
  • The CSI handles Legislator Applications.
  • The Cabinet receives a general mandate for handling all appointments (and the assembly maintains its mandate to confirm all appointments)
  • The CSI is split into junior and senior ranks to lower the barrier of entry whilst ensuring confidentiality
  • The CSI will be chaired by a senior member
  • The provision allowing SPSF to have an intelligence office will be removed.
  • CRS responsibilities that will be transferred to CSI: Declaring a state of emergency, ordering border control action for security reasons, Parole Board, Issuing authority for proscriptions, appointing boder control officers,
  • CRS responsibilities that will be transferred to DC: Delegacy succession, holding border control, ordering border control action for endorsement cap violations (in coop with CSI for high-influence nations),
  • Initial members of DC: Existing CRS
  • LegComm becomes junior CSI
  • Glen, Tsu become senior CSI

Open Questions:
  • The exact service record necessary for the Delegacy. Something like, for example: Two full terms of elected office, or the equivalent consecutive length of top-level appointed office, in the executive or judiciary branches, within the past 4 years.
[/quote]

So, we'll need to tackle the following:
  • Get name ideas from the general populace in some fashion (suggestion: gameside nominates ideas, forumside approves ideas, gameside votes for the final picks)
  • Amend Charter
  • Amend Border Control Act
  • Amend Judicial Act
  • Amend Proscription Act
  • Amend Regional Communication Act
  • Amend Regional Officers Act
  • Write the new CSI Act
  • Write the new DC Act (if necessary)
  • Write Continuing resolution
  • Brief explanation of changes for gameside (they'll have to vote on this...)

I suppose we should start threads for the individial writing/amendment stuff, and keep this thread around as the central organizing place?

(01-15-2019, 05:53 AM)Roavin Wrote: I suppose we should start threads for the individial writing/amendment stuff, and keep this thread around as the central organizing place?

Yes.

I assume this will be an omnibus package? If they are individual votes and some end up failing, it'll be a massive headache.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Rebeltopia

Absolutely. One big fat vote. From what I can tell, the only two things that could be separated are the generalized appointments and the service record, but really they came up because of the larger thing, so ....

Theres no way this could ever get complete if its all separate.

I do like the idea of gameside getting involved in the naming... as long as we dont get "Security McSecurity Face" as a candidate Tounge

(secretly votes for Security McSecurity Face)
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Awe, Roavin

(01-15-2019, 11:43 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Theres no way this could ever get complete if its all separate.

I do like the idea of gameside getting involved in the naming... as long as we dont get "Security McSecurity Face" as a candidate Tounge

(secretly votes for Security McSecurity Face)

Count me on the Security McSecurity Face!
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 3 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Beepee, Rebeltopia, Seraph

(01-15-2019, 05:53 AM)Roavin Wrote: Open Questions:
  • The exact service record necessary for the Delegacy. Something like, for example: Two full terms of elected office, or the equivalent consecutive length of top-level appointed office, in the executive or judiciary branches, within the past 4 years.

I agree with two full terms of elected office and it's equivalent in the judiciary. What do you mean when you say the executive though?

Cabinet!

(01-16-2019, 02:08 AM)Roavin Wrote: Cabinet!

Ah, okay, I must have misunderstood.

I read that as appointed office in either the Cabinet or the High Court.