We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Reunion

"Ah, yes, those are indeed accepted if they do not interfere with the work of the authorities"

Servants came and served the main dish. For the King, it was a Coubé (OOC: Kobe) Beef Steak, a rare delicacy. It was seasoned with expensive herbs and spices, and an accompanying small assortment of pricey vegetables was next to the steak proper. A servant also poured an Anoretan wine, a fine-class type of wine in the outer regions of the Empire that was gaining popularity in the aristocracy. A separate plate held a small dish of mashed potatoes made from high-quality crops. A sauce, called Kotzler Sauce and extracted from a plant in the Eastern Region of the Empire, was provided if the King wished to make use of it. It was white in colour.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

"Do not worry, they have boundaries in our Kingdom. They will expect the same if they wish to operate in Ryccia. They only need acces to your laws, but that shouldn't prove too difficult a task. I am sure we can both agree that these enterprises shouldn't be obstructed between our nations."

The Stoinians were surprised to see the beef. It smelled and looked delicious and they were eager to start eating. The King first took a sip from the wine and then started to taste all the different ingredients. Even he had to admit that it tasted delicious on par with Sinaia's cuisine. He also tried a bit of the sauce on the meat and it enhanced the beef's taste.

"I believe we have finally found something we can both agree is good."

He smiled and look around the Ryccians while taking another sip. The Chancellor spoke as well. 

"What is this fine wine and where does it come from? I am sure that there is indeed a market for it in Stoinia. As for the meat what is it? Perhaps Stoinians can come and hunt on the animal in question if it isn't farmed."
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

"King Andrei", the Emperor spoke, "this is Coubé beef, an expensive variety of cow meat. If I may venture into jest, if you wish to hunt this, it would diminish your pride as a warrior. The wine your tounge currently savouring is Anoretan blue wine, a peculiar mix of red and white grapes with blue organic pigments that enhance the flavour of the drink. It is a delicacy in the outlying regions of the Empire, but it is also gaining popularity amongst the elites in the Core"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

The King smiled at the Emperor's comment revealing the true nature of the beef. Perhaps these Ryccians had a good sense of humour.

"I can see why it is considered a delicacy. You can tell the provider that the Stoinian King likes his trades. And where are these outlying regions? Is it near the fabled Mandalorians?"

The King was curious about the Mandalorians and planned to research a bit on them, but he was distracted with talking to the butler which proved to give him tremendous insights on Ryccian society.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

"Oh, no, Mandalorian space is closer to this area than the planet I allude to. Anoreta is far away in the Farlands, hence the name. If I may elaborate...map, point towards the Southern Farlands"

The map heeded the command and did as instructed. A region of the Empire, far from the planet they were in, was highlighted.

"In contrast to its neighbours in the region, Anoreta is an incredibly wealthy planet. It is known as a popular gambling and recreational world, and it manufactures some of the best wines I have ever had the honour to taste. Now, Mandalorian space is not quite distant from here...map, highlight Mandalorian space"

The map did as instructed, highlighting a region close to the Core. Those were the planets the Mandalorians had historically settled thousands of years ago, when their ancestors separated from the Early Old Empire to forge a completely martial society. Their culture had, miraculously, stood the test of time and endured to this day.

"As you can see, whilst it may require a bit of travel, the Mandalorian worlds are approximate to our location compared to Anoreta"

"I see. They are nearer to the core than I initially thought. But please do tell me more about these fabled warriors of yours, whilest e consume this fine wine and meal. I believe that we Stoinians would have quite a lot in common with these Mandalorians. If I would be wrong, please enlighten us."

The Stoinians began to eat more quickly than the Ryccians. It was an old trick. If you eat quicker than you could eat more and Stoinians used it if they were already full at extended meals. Their appetite had faded a bit due to the many appetizers, but they could fit a good meal anytime.

"I do not know much of your history in detail, but I shall attempt to tell the tale of the Mandalorians. You shall be the arbiter on the matter of your similarities"

"Long ago, when the Ryccian Empire began as a nascent, expanding force, the Mandalorians fled to what is now the planet of Mandalore. A leader of an ultramilitarist faction in the army decided that the Old Empire was incredibly 'soft' for his liking, and thus convinced thousands of soldiers to migrate with him and establish a new, martial society. They escaped to Mandalore, and whilst Ryccia focused on colonizing the Core, the new Mandalorian Empire expanded its territory across The Rim. When both sides established concrete borders, fighting immediately began, as the two had imperialistic ambitions on each other. A series of wars, the Mandalorian Wars, were fought in the days of old. Despite their numerical inferiority, the Mandalorians managed to push the Ryccian forces to their Core heartland due to their fanatical fighting spirit. Eventually the Ryccian Empire conquered the Mandalorians at the cost of severe bloodshed, but it did not disturb the Mandalorian planets, preferring to rule via puppet leaders rather than enforce a direct mandate in fear of yet another war. Against all odds, the ultra-martial Mandalorian way of life persisted. The Old Empire made use of the Mandalorians as elite soldiers in its history to subjugate and conquer the land it now holds today, as they were constantly one of the first types of troops to be deployed in the frontlines. Their fanatical desire to never surrender and keep fighting until the bitter end, as well as the martial values they were raised with from birth, made them fierce in combat, and they remain so to this day. In popular Core and non-Mandalorian Rim culture, the blood spilled was so enormous that there are folktales and children's stories painting Mandalorian warriors as evil beasts who shall punish you if you misbehave. Due to their legendary reputation, these stories told to the children of these regions remain alive after all these years"

The King was intrigued by these Mandalorians. There were quite a lot of similarities even if they seemed a bit far fetched.

"I think you would be surprised between the similarities. The Mandalorians fled from a government which is what we also did, though albeit with different motives. Ever since the Mardakii invasion Stoinians have become quite militaristic in your terms. We also train our children from birth to fight. That's why every school has a mandatory 4 hour sports program where military doctrine is initiated. This ensures that the populace is ready to fight any encroaching xeno. That's also one of the reasons why the Velutarians had such a hard time when they were forced to fight on the ground against our troops. I don't think I need to tell you that if you push a Stoinian hard enough, he will protect what is rightfully his with a fanaticism similar to these Mandalorians. Fighting to the bitter end is viewed as a glorious one."

He took another sip from his wine.

"And while we don't share the same expansionist values, we do share that similar stories are told about us. I am sure the Ryccian media has done their part well in that. If it wouldn't be too much of a stretch, would it be possible to meet one of these Mandalorians during our visit here."

The Chancellor interjected.

"Perhaps we may arraigne for such a meeting in the upcoming ball hosted in commemoration of your visit"

"It would be an option though I doubt he can truly be a Mandalorian at a ball. Or perhaps I could be wrong. Wouldn't it be better to meet one where he would feel more at home?"