We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Campaign - MoRA - ProfessorHenn

Hello, great South Pacificans! I am ProfessorHenn, putting forth my campaign for Minister of Regional Affairs.

I haven't been in The South Pacific for long, and NationStates at that too. I've only seen the results of the recent High Court election, Farengeto resign as MoRA, which was a tragedy, and Gustave Berr be elected in his place. But I've been here long enough to know that many projects that could have blossomed, like the Star Wars RP and Market Street, just fell away, forgotten. For someone who loves to RP and see these projects, which had a lot of support, just disappear in the minds of those who wanted it back, it makes one sad. My goal for this term is to make The South Pacific a welcoming place, and to involve the entire South Pacific, if possible. From what I've seen, Inter-regional Events were a great success, and under my term, if elected, I'd bring them back, with the same goal that Farengeto established in his campaign of at least one Event per month. Another goal of my term is to bring back Market Street and other RPs that TSP would like.

In one sentence, my entire goal for my term if I'm elected is to promote regional activity and bring life to both the forums and the Regional Message Board.

Thank you for reading my campaign, and feel free to ask any and all questions you have. Long live The South Pacific.

Sorry about how this is worded. It was late at night when I wrote this, and I haven't got the guts to change it. Sorry once more

Question time!
  1. You are quite new to the region. Would you say that is a strength or a weakness? Why?
  2. How do you plan to “involve the entire South Pacific” in regional events?
  3. We often start roleplays but never end them. Is it that we there isn’t one person to keep everyone together and create interest, or perhaps the South Pacific is just not that much into roleplaying?
  4. Right now there are two Deputy Ministers of Regional Affairs, one for Communications and Integration and another one for Planning and Development. Do you think the current structure works, or do you think it is time for a change?
  5. What do you think of the job that has been done in terms of regional affairs during the last four months? Has the Ministry of Regional Affairs been active and proactive enough?
  6. If you lost this election, would you still be involved in the region, perhaps even apply for a deputy position?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(07-15-2014, 10:50 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Question time!
  1. You are quite new to the region. Would you say that is a strength or a weakness? Why?
  2. How do you plan to “involve the entire South Pacific” in regional events?
  3. We often start roleplays but never end them. Is it that we there isn’t one person to keep everyone together and create interest, or perhaps the South Pacific is just not that much into roleplaying?
  4. Right now there are two Deputy Ministers of Regional Affairs, one for Communications and Integration and another one for Planning and Development. Do you think the current structure works, or do you think it is time for a change?
  5. What do you think of the job that has been done in terms of regional affairs during the last four months? Has the Ministry of Regional Affairs been active and proactive enough?
  6. If you lost this election, would you still be involved in the region, perhaps even apply for a deputy position?

1: Well, both. The strength of the fact that I'm new to the region is my enthusiasm. I feel that I could bring a renewed sense of energy to TSP, and it might show through in RP Central, the Assembly, SPINN, and others. (EDIT: Forgot to finish my answer.) It is also a weakness because I haven't been here as long as other Ministers and as such, I do not have a lot of experience. I am essentialy an inexperienced enthusiastic person running for MoRA. But I learn.

2: From what I've read in Roleplays so far, TSP is great at roleplaying, at least from my experience. That isn't the problem. The problem is that people lose interest and no one wants to renew it. If people have an interest in a thread and feel they can contribute to it for the better, then they should post in it.

3: I don't feel that there should only be 2 Deputies. If someone shows a great interest in becoming a Deputy, and shows it by some way or another, I believe they should become a Deputy. Where, well, I can think of 3 places, Communications and Integration, Planning and Development, and Resident Spotlights. There would be a limit, most likely 5, but I don't expect there to be a great interest among TSP for becoming a Deputy MoRA. IT would be great for getting involved in government though.

4: I've been here since June 1st and during my time here, I haven't seen much in the way of any big projects. While I'd like to believe there is a project in the making, I haven't seen any traces of it. I would do more in the way of having the Ministry be more involved and proactive with the region, and would most likely appoint new Deputies with the current ones after a test of abilities.

5: If I lost, I would most certainly continue to be involved with TSP. A lost election is not enough to keep me away from TSP. I would go for a Deputy position if possible. I still believe the Ministry of Regional Affairs can use some new blood and be more active with The South Pacific.

More questions!

1. You say you are an inexperienced enthusiastic person that can learn. Do you mean that you are going to improvise, or that you are open to adjusting your plans if someone has a new and interesting point of view?
  2. Deputies have access to the private Cabinet Office. Do you think that anyone with interest should become a Deputy? Would it not be better to open more positions in the Ministry, without those being necessarily deputy positions?
  3. How would you handle a situation in which deputy ministers are inactive or are active in the region but don't do their jobs? Would you just remove them or try to work out a solution? At what point would working out a solution be useless?
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(07-16-2014, 02:18 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: More questions!

1. You say you are an inexperienced enthusiastic person that can learn. Do you mean that you are going to improvise, or that you are open to adjusting your plans if someone has a new and interesting point of view?
  2. Deputies have access to the private Cabinet Office. Do you think that anyone with interest should become a Deputy? Would it not be better to open more positions in the Ministry, without those being necessarily deputy positions?
  3. How would you handle a situation in which deputy ministers are inactive or are active in the region but don't do their jobs? Would you just remove them or try to work out a solution? At what point would working out a solution be useless?

I love answering these questions!

1: I am not going to pretend like I know everything there is to being an MoRA. But that doesn't mean I'm going to improvise. I will most likely adjust my plans quite frequently when someone has a interesting different point of view. There's a saying by Billy Corgan, "You have to keep adapting to the times. If you kind of go with it, it can kind of fun." I'm not going to be completely rigid with my plans.

2: Personally, I don't believe just anyone who constantly bugs the MoRA with PMs requesting to be a Deputy should become one. I believe that there should be a test for people who show interest in becoming a Deputy, to prove that they should get the position. To the second part of that question, it kind of goes both ways. It would be better to keep private things private, but people getting involved with the Ministry can also be a good thing, because they can contribute a new and interesting point of view to the Ministry.

3: If Deputies are inactive long enough to have their Citizenship revoked, thy shouldn't be Deputies at all. Like I said earlier, the Ministry in the past term wasn't too active in the region. It was just there, for me at least. But if Deputies are active in the region but not in the Ministry, I wouldn't remove them immediately. I would obviously try to work for a solution, but at the point that working out a solution becomes useless would have to be when they just don't care about being a Deputy Minister. At that point, they wouldn't be a Deputy anymore.

Thanks for the questions. Throw any more you have at me.

Any additional question for me?

Here goes a more light-hearted question:

In your opinion, what the hell is in Raid?

Legal Resources:

(07-18-2014, 02:14 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Here goes a more light-hearted question:

In your opinion, what the hell is in Raid?

I'll go technical in a second, but first, I'll tell you what I think is in it. I believe that Raid contains chemicals so dangerous, if America used them in Iraq, they would have won in days, weeks at most. They are the new ultimate weapon. SPSF should get their hands on a supply.

Technical time: Raid uses Tetramethrin, Cypermethrin and Imiprothrin to kill insects. That's according to Wikipedia.

Tetramethrin is a potent synthetic insecticide in the pyrethroid family. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid used as an insecticide in large-scale commercial agricultural applications as well as in consumer products for domestic purposes. It behaves as a fast-acting neurotoxin in insects. Imiprothrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide.

All from Wikipedia. Thanks for the question Kringle.

What makes you think we don't have powerful weapons already? :wink:

Legal Resources:

(07-18-2014, 03:08 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: What makes you think we don't have powerful weapons already? :wink:

While I do believe we already have powerful weapons, I think we could acquire Raid and get the ultimate weapon.