We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Flash News
#4,441

"As I see the situation escalate between Izaakia and Eareamland, I do not believe that taking sides is a situation to the advantage of our country. Thus, I am announcing today that I am renouncing the membership of Mauquibie as a B.E.A.N.S. member. I consider both Izaakia and Eareamland nations with whom Mauquibie is having cordial relations.

This situation proves my point that we should stick to the Charlotte Doctrine of bilateral agreements between nations, international organisations are always dragging states agains't their will in disadvantageous situations."

[Image: Gpe7Pqp.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Klô's post:
  • Eareamland (canadianMaps), GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert, Tin the Free
#4,442

"Leaving the B.U. Is gonna do nothing. Remember, Mauquibie was in B.E.A.N.S., not B.U. Proper, meaning they could've stayed neutral if they so wanted. Breaking apart alliances because of some Eareamian nobles in a Tundra sanction an Eareamian ally is not gonna help." Stated King James I.
"Maybe embarassing yourself is an Earamian thing..."
-StoicMetoik, 4:02 PM, 17/04/2022
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eareamland (canadianMaps)'s post:
  • phoenixofthesun14
#4,443

The Ryccian Federation has announced a nuclear guarantee for both Izaakia and Ela. "We shall not interfere with the affairs transpiring between Ela and Izaakia. However, we cannot stand idly by as the situation develops into one potentially apocalyptic for all mankind. Therefore, should Izaakia or Ela suffer a nuclear attack from a foreign power, including one nuking the other, we shall respond in kind and target whoever dared open fire first"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

[-] The following 2 users Like Ryccia's post:
  • Eareamland (canadianMaps), phoenixofthesun14
#4,444

With the situation in Rondenia finished, and Ionuţ Palariatu put in charge of the nation, King James officially stated:
"Eareamland is no longer involved in any politics on other continents. If something's happening, we may make a statement, we may not, but we won't get involved. If something's going on with our allies, we may get involved. We're getting involved with our allies, and that's final."
"Maybe embarassing yourself is an Earamian thing..."
-StoicMetoik, 4:02 PM, 17/04/2022
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eareamland (canadianMaps)'s post:
  • phoenixofthesun14
#4,445

President Berry has led the socially-distanced State Opening of Parliament today. Her speech set out the agenda for Parliament until at least December. Amongst the items appearing on the agenda were redistributing wealth, the need to abolish the Universal Social Charge, the push for the country to join the World Forum and the need to abolish corporal and capital punishment. Speaking after the State Opening of Parliament, Prime Minister Barrett stated, 'We have a packed up agenda to bring us to the New Year. We will meet again as a Parliament in December to discuss the agenda for 2021. I wish to honour the current agenda which is in place and I hope my colleagues in Parliament and the people will support our work in seeking to improve our country.'
[-] The following 2 users Like Qaweritoyu's post:
  • Eareamland (canadianMaps), phoenixofthesun14
#4,446

The 5,000 strong Ryccian Expedition Force has arrived at government lines in Dokkingsted. Both sides have been dug into their respective spots for the past two days, as the Prariean government was waiting for the Ryccian forces and People's Prarie forces couldn't risk losing soldiers out of their already small fighting force.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 3 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Eareamland (canadianMaps), phoenixofthesun14, Ryccia
#4,447

"The Council of Regions held a special ceremony today to honour the foundation of the council 570 years ago today. Councillors wore the traditional outfits worn at the time and under the exceptional presence of Stéphano XII Anserisum, living descendant of the House of Anserisa who honoured his ancestor, Prince Stéphano I, founder of the Council."

[Image: xpV2H8k.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Klô's post:
  • GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14
#4,448

Prime Minister Barrett has appointed Rev. Br. Harold Carson CHC as Minister of Holy Wars and Bonnie Fyre as Minister of Disasters.
[-] The following 2 users Like Qaweritoyu's post:
  • Klô, phoenixofthesun14
#4,449

An internal debate regarding the status of Nuclear weapons within the Empire has recently spilled over into the public with many demanding the immediate disposal of these weapons in the wake of the 7 pillars tragedy.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill
[-] The following 3 users Like Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • GI-Land, Klô, phoenixofthesun14
#4,450

BREAKING: A coalition of Prariean Army and Ryccian Expeditionary Forces troops have re-captured the town of Dokkingsted back from People's Prarie revolutionaries. The revolutionaries are in retreat to the west.

Additionally, a vote on an official state of war against People’s Prarie occured in Parliament today, passing with a 137-23 majority.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 2 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Klô, phoenixofthesun14