We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Discussion] Situation with TNP

As members are aware, the Cabinet made a statement regarding public accusations made by our treaty ally, the North Pacific . Currently, any further discussion is conditioned on a public retraction and apology from TNP and the Cabinet intends to hold firm in that requirement. We would like to thank y'all for your support so far and we pledge to continue to ensure the values this Assembly has advocated for are protected from the kind of libel spread by TNP. We are open to further steps recommended by the Assembly.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Quorum raiding is bad. I am fully for TSP on this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apatosaurus's post:
  • Somyrion

Hello all, new legislator here.

Full support for the government of TSP on this issue. TNP's actions were uncalled for and inappropriate and as Omega said, we should hold firm in that requirement.

Having read both statements, I have to agree with the TNP Government here.

As someone who has long identified as an independent in R/D, regional sovereignty does not extend to fascist regions. Fascist regions are regions which deserve to be completely and utterly excised from the game like the vicious, despicable cancer that they are. Most regions of good, decent people deserve to be protected from raids but every action should be taken to destroy fascist regions through any means possible.

Whether or not the Delegate of the South Pacific approved the Security Council proposal is not important. If the SPSF engages in the defence of regions that are supporting a Security Council proposal to hamper the rightful obliteration of the CCD, the SPSF is clearly in the wrong.
The Commonwealth of Langburn
WA Member
Regional Legislative Office
[-] The following 2 users Like Langburn's post:
  • Comfed, QuietDad

TNP’s statement is inflammatory, but this is incredibly poor diplomacy on our part.

Who exactly ordered the SPSF to deploy against a key operation of our oldest ally? That this would cause a diplomatic incident is entirely predictable and that this went ahead is seriously problematic.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • Comfed, Langburn, Moon, QuietDad

(01-25-2021, 11:20 PM)Langburn Wrote: Having read both statements, I have to agree with the TNP Government here.

As someone who has long identified as an independent in R/D, regional sovereignty does not extend to fascist regions. Fascist regions are regions which deserve to be completely and utterly excised from the game like the vicious, despicable cancer that they are. Most regions of good, decent people deserve to be protected from raids but every action should be taken to destroy fascist regions through any means possible.

Whether or not the Delegate of the South Pacific approved the Security Council proposal is not important. If the SPSF engages in the defence of regions that are supporting a Security Council proposal to hamper the rightful obliteration of the CCD, the SPSF is clearly in the wrong.

I'd like to understand how you assumed that TSP recognizes the regional sovereignty of fascist regions.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Damination

(01-25-2021, 11:20 PM)Langburn Wrote: Having read both statements, I have to agree with the TNP Government here.

First, where did TSP defend the sovereignty of fascists?

Second, the World Assembly is literally an organization to vote on proposals, should the proposal garner the substantial amount of approvals. If this particular proposal came to vote, TSP was most definitely going to vote against.

But by quorum raiding Jocospor’s proposal, they’ve singled it out, and legitimized it in the R/D game by using R/D means to stop it.

(i.e. Let regions determine their own vote. You can try to convince them otherwise, but their approval is their approval, and their vote is their vote.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Free Las Pinas's post:
  • Damination

I think raiding other region is bad unless its a last resort with a valid casus beli. If TSP think the evidence is lacking then i suppose i shall support TSP on this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NIGHTRAY's post:
  • Damination

I obviously have a conflict of interest here, but I just want to say that letting CCD get their proposal to vote would get them the attention of all the WA members. It would grant them the legitimacy of getting to the floor. Remember, CCD doesn’t seem to know the difference between good and bad attention Tounge
Republic of Lansoon (Pacifica)
[-] The following 2 users Like Comfed's post:
  • Langburn, QuietDad

I'm don't see how the supposed end goal of keeping CCD off the floor of the WA justifies quorum raiding. This seems more like an unreasonable obsession with looking strong and anti-fascist rather than cooperating with foreign partners to ensure that things are done the right way.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 3 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Damination, Jay Coop, Moon