We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Flash News
#5,241

President Blanc shuts down the Justice League of Izaakias campaign for the death penalty, saying that whilst the sentence for treason is technically the death penalty, the provisions of the Constitution of Izaakia prohibit carrying out such a sentence, making the appeal a moot point.
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
[-] The following 1 user Likes Izaakia's post:
  • GI-Land
#5,242

Police arrest former prime minister Ernest Le Rogue and his son the current Development Minister Clive Le Rogue on charges of Conspiracy to Murder and Treason after they were implicated in the conspiracy to oust President Blanc from power by members of the Organised Crime Group which organised the attack.
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
#5,243

Artificial Intelligence systems Hive and Synapse have reduced the price of electricity by 20% in the last quarter since they were given control of the Power Grid. Through efficient management of power they have also reduced carbon emissions from the Montacia and Brodlancia accelerating the transition to net zero in these regions. 

The Computer Lab at the government run CosmosNet is making significant hardware improvements to increase the network capability.
#5,244

After a parliamentary committee was established to investigate alleged predatory practices by conglomerate Kennes Barryhorn, the Federal Trade Commission was instructed to file charges against them as it was found during the investigation that its recent acquisition of another conglomerate constituted a major breach of antitrust laws.
Smile
#5,245

Government officials begin to seize the assets of the Le Rogue family on the grounds that the assets were obtained via corruption and abuse of office. The countries 3rd biggest company the La Montagne Corporation has moved into direct government ownership, giving the government significant infrastructural and agricultural assets  in La Montagne and Brodlancia.
#5,246

Nicholas and Great British soldiers have complained about the conditions in barracks. The reply from Field Marshall Lawrence Williamson was, "They are barracks, not hotels."
#5,247

President Thomas Anderson announced his endorsement for the Educational Refocusing Act, proposed by Congressmen representing the 23rd and 24th Provinces, which aims to refocus the Alterran education system to capitalize on STEM subjects, or Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Several key Democrats also endorsed the bill, marking the first time Alterran Democrats have voiced support for a Conservative bill.
#5,248

President Blanc returns to her first Presidents Questions in parliament following the attempt on her life. She wore clothing which revealed her wounds in her shoulder and lower torso, projecting her self confidence and reassuring the house that despite the attempt on her life, she is well, and will continue her tenure as president saying even bullets can’t stop me. 

She received well wishes from both sides of the house. However, in the second half of Presidents Questions no holds were barred and there was ferocious debate, which she handled in a highly capable and statesman like manner.
#5,249

In a popularity poll today, Prime Minister Barrett was voted the fifth best Prime Minister the country has ever seen. Former Prime Minister and Leader of the Advanced Humanitarian League, Harold Garcia, was voted the best Prime Minister the country has ever seen.
#5,250

As the Romordian Riots continue, His Excellency, the Minister of Defence and Field Marshal of the Army have announced how they will respond. The 27th, 52nd and 79th Battalions will be deployed into Romordia with orders to eradicate at least 60% of the population.