We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Flash News
#5,631

Hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing the fighting in Valora have flooded the Ryccian-Valoran border. Mostly ethnic Ryccians and nobles, they are setting up camp on the Ryccian side. The Ministry of the Interior has described the situation as a "catastrophy" and has ordered thousands of police officers to be redeployed to the border. The army and the Ryccian gendarmerie have also been deployed there.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

#5,632

Izaakia condemns Ryccia for stoking ethnic tensions and displacing civilians in Valora with its divisive, cynical and morally corrupt invasion.
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
#5,633

Frost Foreign minister Kuribayashi was spotted in clocktown by members of the press, it is unknown if the minister was visiting on vacation or conducting talks with the TCC.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill
#5,634

The Ryccian Federation has responded to the Izaakian government's criticisms, stating "with this bombastic display of ignorance regarding the state of affairs in and the history of Valora, the Izaakian government has demonstrated its arrogance and stupidity. One of the principal reasons we are involved in this war is precisely because nationalist Valoran rebels are hellbent on massacring the Ryccian minority in the country, and they have a history of doing so in past rebellions against the Valoran crown. We are not stoking sectarian conflict. The rebels have done so a long time ago"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

#5,635

When asked about Ryccian comments, Izaakian officials merely pondered whether rebellions would be so hostile to the Ryccian minority if Ryccia didn’t interfere so much in Valoran internal affairs by propping up a corrupt and tyrannical set of inbred royals.
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
#5,636

The Ryccian Federation has reacted angrily, stating that Izaakia's comments "legitimize genocide. If such logic is valid, then why shouldn't the Ryccian government round up any and all persons of full or partial Izaakian descent and have them shot in our public squares due to our disdain of Izaakian arrogance and unilateralism?"

#5,637

Izaakian sources merely stated “At this rate with their hysterical government policy, i wouldn’t be surprised if they actually did round up Izaakians for execution” when asked about Ryccian comments.

The Izaakian Foreign Office later advised against all but essential travel to Ryccia and the Ryccian Colony of Valora. A tongue in cheek jibe at the lack of political independence in Valora.
#5,638

Ryccia has expelled all Izaakian diplomats and has banned travel from Izaakia.

#5,639

The Kingdom of Valora has declared that any Izaakians in its territory must leave within the next 48 hours or they shall be executed.

#5,640

The IAF base at Cadmium in Qaweritoyu has been instructed to prepare to take action against Valora if they so much as disturb a hair on an Izaakian Citizen.