We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Yes or No?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
10.00%
1 10.00%
No
90.00%
9 90.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Private Voting

What's with the switch from public to poll voting? We've used the former since.... well, for as long as I can remember.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I like the poll voting tbh, you can see the results if you click the "Show Results" link.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I know its been brought up in the past, but since our elections were run via poll, and now we have an Assembly vote using the poll feature, I must bring it up.

I'm not a fan of the private vote. I had a conversation with Kris about it a few day ago. I'm not sure why we're going with this, as it wasn't discussed or formally implemented.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Fancy; I didn't realize that, as it wasn't a function on the old IPB forum.

No issues with polls in that case, though it would be nice if we could get that feature set to show automatically.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I'm not sure what Todd's reasoning was for it during the election, but since we have the option to see the vote, I figure this is kinda the best of both worlds.

I don't think we have an option to show automatically, however. I'll have to look into it for the next vote.

Bels brought this up in QD's nomination thread. As Escade has pointed out, we have a "Show Results" option which allows us to see how selected what options.

I'm not sure why Todd choose to use a poll for the election. Do we have the "Show Results" option for those? I'm not sure how Todd set the permissions.

I think there is a Show Results option for the elections as well. Are you able to click on it or do you see it Rebel?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I saw the see results button, but it didn't show who voted for who.

Isn't there an option to set the results to public?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(04-11-2014, 06:12 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Isn't there an option to set the results to public?

That's the option to allow people to see who voted. It just doesn't do it automatically.