We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Broken Assembly?

(05-08-2014, 05:20 AM)Gustave Berr Wrote: I am new here, so I don't know everyone's history... but it seems to me there is a lot of animosity in the "debates". It gets to the point where it deteriorates the arguments down to nothing but seemingly petty personal attacks and blah blah blah. I think that might be a big contribution to the "broken assembly". It makes it impossible to have any meaningful conversation because a majority of the people contributing are just looking for ways to make personal attacks. For me, it's an unattractive quality of the Assembly, and in all honesty it deters me from posting out of fear of becoming caught in the crossfire of hostile and unnecessary dialogue. But again, I'm new here.

Thanks GB. Really -- having an outsider input is rally important because, as you acknowledged, we all do have histories here. So, please don't be afraid to speak up.

Second, going back to Bels point, the CoA technically has the power to decide what goes to a vote and doesn't, which, in turn, can greatly alter the law. (At least, I believe that's part of how others have interpreted the powers of the CoA.)

This is a broad power and, vis-a-vis, we shouldn't really be concerned about delinating the powers a bit more since the powers could already be taken by a CoA.

Messages In This Thread
Broken Assembly? - by Ditortilla - 05-03-2014, 04:29 AM