We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Changing How Laws are Presented

A few great councils ago we completely stripped our laws and and re-wrote them in a more condensed system.  We had the Charter (which was much smaller than the current Charter) and we introduced one single Code of Laws instead of having multiple.  The goal was to have less clutter in the documents and overtime they have grown larger.  We split out our election policies because of the growing Code of Laws.  So I wanted to have a discussion on how to once again make the system that we have simpler.  I don't think we need to gut everything again but simply change how we present our laws.

The only thing I have though of would be to separate most of the Charter into smaller bills by themselves.  Leaving the Charter to a simple and straightforward outline for how our Government is made up.  This would include the basic outline of the Legislature, Executive, and Judiciary and basic powers they hold.  Then we would have separate documents for each giving more specifics.

Messages In This Thread
Changing How Laws are Presented - by Hileville - 10-29-2015, 10:49 PM