We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Some things I feel like should be said but...

(03-08-2016, 01:29 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: That doesn't mean we need to have flame wars all the time. But it does mean you need to stop looking down on people for not liking each other, not getting along, and being on opposite sides of nearly every issue. The forced consensus and constant compromise thing hasn't worked before, and it's not going to work long term this time either. Rivalries are going to simmer all the while we're putting up a front that some compromise nobody actually likes has settled some issue. Anger and resentment will be pent up until there's another explosion. It's not that hard to predict. It's a literal case of sweeping things under the rug.

You can't say, "I want a region where GR, Belschaft, Cormac, Raven, etc. are all allowed to be here. But they're not allowed to vehemently disagree and they're not allowed to fight, especially over the things they tend to care about the most." That's not fair, and it's not realistic.

You've ignored my point. I'm saying that we've managed to drive out the moderate center to the discussion. This has happened in several waves, but harms the community nonetheless.

You're imposing this us-v-them on this situation. You're not the first -- and likely won't be the last. But, my point is -- you're consciously framing the debates in such as way -- in a way I frankly reject.

I'm not saying you can't have disagreements, but stop framing in this a GP manner. Frankly, all of this fighting has the explicit result of forcing others out the region. Or to less contention parts of the game (see: the RP forums Kris still enjoys).

We can have legitimate disagreements, but to do that you need some form of moderation which we've managed to drive out.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some things I feel like should be said but... - by Tsunamy - 03-08-2016, 01:52 PM