We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

PASSED: Regional Communications Act

Why is the LC even using the Mass Telegrams? I mean, I know why it's b being done right now, but it was not intended to be used this way.
The Charter language on the LC Communications, in my opinion, is written with the intention to avoid the use of Mass TG's, and instead for them to use Dispatches and the RMB to promote activity and discussion.

Here are the issues I have with Telegrams:
1. First, and most obvious, is the potential for abuse to use them to push one's own agenda. Providing biased or one-sided information, or even directly stating which way people should vote.
2. This is essentially a one-way form of communication. Yes, individuals can respond one on one to the sender, but it eliminates group discussion on the game side level.
3. It is slightly bothersome to the region to constantly receive Mass TG's. We need to remember that the Regional Community does want to have input in the Offsite Government, but that not EVERY person in TSP wants that. We are forcing it on people who may not want it.

This, I believe, is why the Charter may attempt to limit the use of Mass TG's by requiring the Delegates approval, while Dispatches are fair game without approval. The LC should be using dispatches, and the RMB, to promote discussion and activity among the game side. This will also eliminate pushing this stuff on people who may not want any part of it.
Semi-Unretired

Messages In This Thread
PASSED: Regional Communications Act - by Tsunamy - 08-12-2016, 11:03 PM
RE: Proposal: Regional Communications Act - by Drugged Monkeys - 08-17-2016, 01:09 PM