We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What's Next? Omega for CoA

[Image: Omega_CoA.png]
Good day fellow residents. If y'all would all please sit down. I have prepared a few remarks for this occasion.

*throat clearing* I'm Omega, and boy is his exciting! We have an opportunity to select who will serve as Chair of our Assembly for the next 4 months. I know some of you may not know me as I have been here for less than a year. But I think I have done some very important things in the few months I have been here. Many of you may know me from TSP's #1 breaking news service, SPN, or as Chairman of TSP's largest political party, the APC (I will be leaving that office by the end of this month). Or we may even do some RP together. Although, most recently, you probably know me as our most recent Deputy Chair of the Assembly. And that last role, I believe, has given me insight into what we need the next Chair to do.

One of the biggest things that the chair does, though, is the administrative role they take. The Chair works as a servant to the people. The Chair ensures that votes are held and tabulated, they make sure that debate is on topic and civil, and they provide procedural counsel to members. these are the fundamental things the Chair does, and these are all for the service of the Assembly.

This is why the Chair must remain apolitical, something I believe I was able to do when I acted as DCoA. Yes during that time I was (and still am) Chair of the APC, however, I made a pledge that when I took action it would apolitical and I certainly think that I fulfilled that pledge. And I would make that same pledge as CoA. A pledge that, as a servant of the people, I would not use my role of authority for any kind political action.

Now for the part where I list my campaign promises. I only have two. The first is that I would work to fully codify the DCoA position, to prevent this current state of lack of Assembly leadership, hopefully, from happening in the future. The second is one that I know was made by Awe but was one I wholeheartedly believed in and led to me applying for DCoA. This is a huge undertaking, however, I believe we need to have a set of standing rules for the Assembly. This would be a commission made of average legislators, with the goal of taking the laws we have on Assembly procedure and using them to create an Assembly that is more efficient, more civil and much more organized.

Folks that just about wraps it up for me. I hope I will have the opportunity to serve as your next Chair of the Assembly. I would like to wish the best of luck to both my fellow candidates in this race.Lastly, I hope as your CoA, together, we can tackle whatever comes next.

As always I welcome any questions you may have.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Messages In This Thread
What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Omega - 08-31-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Roavin - 09-03-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Omega - 09-04-2016, 12:33 AM
RE: What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Roavin - 09-06-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Ryccia - 09-06-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Omega - 09-06-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Zak6858 - 09-07-2016, 06:58 AM
RE: What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Omega - 09-07-2016, 07:51 AM
RE: What's Next? Omega for CoA - by Omega - 09-07-2016, 08:19 PM