We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA

Reading through the various arguments presented in favour of this by the APC, I'm not seeing any benefit in this idea; it won't reduce the workload at all, or increase the number of people available to do it - it will simply create a new Cabinet position, but one with an overlapping remit with other positions. There's nothing stopping anyone from joining the MoRA at present, so the only possible way this would "reduce" the workload is if there's someone who's only willing to help out if they get to be a minister. If so, then that person doesn't deserve to be a minister in my opinion.

Our current ministries are all fairly broad, but cover a clearly identifiable area of regional governance; foreign affairs handles interactions with other regions, military affairs handles the army, regional affairs handles cultural activities and internal development. I agree that Regional Affairs is the largest portfolio, but that's why it tends to also have the most people working in it. Splitting it up won't reduce the amount of work, it will just decrease it's organisation and split-up the team working on it - my suspicion is that it will end up producing more work, due to replication of effort and the two ministries working at cross purposes. It also creates an obvious potential for argument, turf-wars and bickering.

Long story short; this won't reduce the workload, just make it harder to get it done. Bad idea.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Messages In This Thread
APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Punchwood - 12-12-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-12-2016, 06:27 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-12-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Yuno - 12-12-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-13-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Belschaft - 12-13-2016, 08:07 AM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Roavin - 12-05-2018, 08:36 PM