We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Declassified: Empire and Osiris

The impact on foreign relations is why I suggested we can't do much without the Cabinet being on board. To the extent that there has been some kind of Osiris warming (I'm not sure there's much evidence of that?), it hasn't been very public or important, just by looking at what's been done this term. So I'm hoping the potential but serious threat of NK meddling (like the logs suggest he wants to do) via Osiris outweighs an arguably nascent FA agenda with them. But it's up to the Cabinet.

My opinion is that it would be a big mistake to continually "sit and wait" as we've been doing. When we discussed Empire last, our decision was to sit and wait, to see who comes to TSP. We then got the Osiris log leaks, where Adytus suggests Osiris citizens enter TSP and that they play competing factions here against each other. To which NK responds, "GCRs must always watch out." Since then, Sygian and Osiris's military field commander (brihimia) have come to TSP.

Whether it's an organized scheme or just Osirans coming to TSP because of a perceived warming of relations, doesn't really matter in terms of regional security. The MO revealed to us by the Osiris leaks give us enough to be concerned about, that NK has a reserve of Osirans here to command when the opportunity presents itself. That's the definition of a security threat. We know that NK finds the idea appealing, and we know that Empire has used that pattern in the past.

So for me it's a no-brainer that high-level Osiris officials aren't allowed here as long as NK is Pharaoh (and the region is thus Empire-controlled). Whether this should ever expand to the entirety of Osiris citizens would depend on Osiris's own actions. But a top-level restriction seems like an appropriate response. But again, the Cabinet has to agree with it.

Asking NK about it isn't going to do much of anything, for what it's worth. He's not going to admit to anything, obviously.

And as for fake accounts... there's nothing we can do about it. It's just Milograd redux. We can't let them come here and monitor them, because the whole threat is that NK will use Osirans in TSP to meddle at critical times-- important votes, elections, etc. We would never remove people from the region in the middle of those activities, but that would be the only way that kind of honey-trap scheme would work.

Messages In This Thread
Declassified: Empire and Osiris - by Tsunamy - 01-31-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by sandaoguo - 02-01-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by Drugged Monkeys - 02-01-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by sandaoguo - 02-01-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by Drugged Monkeys - 02-01-2017, 05:52 PM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by sandaoguo - 02-01-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by sandaoguo - 02-11-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by Tsunamy - 02-11-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by Kris Kringle - 02-12-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by Farengeto - 02-12-2017, 04:47 PM
RE: Empire and Osiris - by Kris Kringle - 02-12-2017, 05:14 PM