We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Prohibited Group Status for The Black Hawks

(02-28-2017, 01:34 PM)Farengeto Wrote: Speaking as a private citizen here, while the criteria has no statue there are sane limits to what the Cabinet and CRS can claim in the present as hostile.

I guess I have to wonder then how we could claim Empire is a threat, given that their last documented subversive activities occurred in 2013, the same year The Black Hawks participated in Milograd's coup. And no, I'm not saying that we should let Empire in, I'm just saying that it's been a while since they did anything anyone can document -- but we still consider them a threat.

I understand where you and Belschaft are coming from. To me, there is a preponderance of evidence from multiple Feeders and Sinkers that The Black Hawks are a threat. Their involvement in Milograd's coup is enough to satisfy the criteria required to designate them a prohibited organization, so along with their subversive actions elsewhere, that seems like more than enough justification to act to protect against the threat they pose. It seems like a problem that a group has to participate in a coup or other serious subversion against us before we can consider them enough of a threat not to let them into the Assembly. Shouldn't the goal be prevention? In this case, because The Black Hawks did participate in a coup against the South Pacific and do meet the criteria, we can engage in prevention. So why not do that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prohibited Group Status for The Black Hawks - by Cormac - 02-28-2017, 01:48 PM