We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Prohibited Group Status for The Black Hawks

(03-02-2017, 02:06 PM)Roavin Wrote: I think we essentially agree - we do need the little guarantees PGO gives as long as the CRS is as it is. I'm just more confident that security is a fixable problem, I guess Tounge

Could we not make this discussion about CRS reform? I may end up agreeing with you on that, depending on what proposals are put forward, but it deserves its own discussion. You're talking about a reform that may never happen. I'm talking about what we can do, within existing law, to deal with a real threat now in the best way we are currently able to deal with it. That way may be imperfect but it's what we've got at this time.

In regard to your broader point, that The Black Hawks may sneak in: Yes. But that is more difficult than just waltzing in because they can and nobody's going to stop them. So we should prevent the latter, and still seek -- separately from this discussion -- to improve detection of and adequate response to the former. This should be a both/and issue, not either/or. I basically agree with what Glen has said on the subject.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prohibited Group Status for The Black Hawks - by Cormac - 03-02-2017, 07:28 PM