We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC]JKOM 2017

One of the many uniform LOHP government planes could be seen overhead, carrying eight passengers to the Resentime Kingdom. Tomas Steele, a retired reigning officer, sat inside drinking a cup of bitter coffee at a table, while looking out the window at the breath taking sky. His younger brother, Erin Steele, was pacing around the center of the small plane. 

"Sit down, would you?" asked Tomas, speaking to Erin. "I can't man, this whole JKOM event has me nervous." replied Erin. Junior Crispany spoke up before Tomas could get a word in, saying "What for? It's just like military training back home. Just more... large scale, organized, official, and serious." Erin continued pacing. Tomas took another sip of his coffee, making him a tad less tired as the coffee flowed down his throat. "Sit down, brother. You have got nothing to worry about. Your only task is to observe the event. You don't have to command a unit. Besides, your coffee is getting cold," Tomas said, noticing the coffee cup in his hand. 

Erin sat down in the seat opposite to Tomas and set his coffee down. "No one likes your coffee Tomas. It's too bitter, we have to pour a pound of sugar in to get it sweet for goodness sake!" Exclaimed Junior, who always declined Tomas' efforts to get him to drink his coffee. "Wakes me up better," replied Tomas, who then asked Erin why he was so worried. "Politics, mainly. Knowing me, I'll make the wrong person mad making a joke or something of the sort. That or disappointing our country. Both options would suck," replied Erin, taking a cautious sip from his coffee. It took all his effort not to spit it back out. "Follow my lead, don't make offensive jokes, you will be fine. Stop worrying, it will make things worse," said Tomas, patting his younger brother on the shoulder as he got up to refill his coffee. 

He was silently excited for the event, he had always found joy in studying military tactics and watching how other people's mind ticked. He was somewhat nervous too, though. He knew how social Erin and Junior could be, and it tended to get them both in trouble. Erin, who was sitting at the table trying to control his fidgeting, was worried that he wouldn't fit in with the big leagues. He had never been to any huge events like this, and even though he was the youngest High General in LOHP history, he still saw himself as an amateur. He was looking forward to seeing the Resentime Kingdom though, as he hadn't previously been there before. Junior was looking forward to meeting all the foreign generals, as well as witnessing how the tactics in the books would translate to a live situation. Junior had been in the infantry for many years, but has never seen any large scale battles. 

A flight attendant came  and let the passengers know that they were about to land. Tomas took one last sip of his coffee before depositing the paper coffee cup into the nearest garbage can. Erin took a deep breath, letting the cool air fill his lungs and calm his nerves. Junior made sure his sunglasses were on the right way, and made sure his tie was fitted around his neck in just the right fashion.

Messages In This Thread
[IC]JKOM 2017 - by Resentine - 03-08-2017, 01:04 AM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Troenia - 03-12-2017, 09:48 AM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Hammerstar - 03-12-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Qwert - 03-12-2017, 11:29 AM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by The Hunting Pilgrims - 03-12-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Resentine - 03-12-2017, 03:53 PM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Troenia - 03-12-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Omega - 03-13-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Seraph - 03-13-2017, 07:52 PM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Imperial Frost Federation - 03-15-2017, 09:18 PM
RE: [IC]JKOM 2017 - by Hammerstar - 03-24-2017, 01:49 PM