We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CRS Statement on the Activation of Section 1(1) of the Security Powers Act

(04-04-2017, 05:48 PM)Belschaft Wrote: In accordance with the requirements of Article 1, Section 2(i) I have cleared my WA endorsements, bringing my nation bellow 70% of the current endorsement cap.

I note, for the record, that the CRS first publicised their allegations over three weeks ago and (to the best of my knowledge) have been "investigating" this matter for more than two months. Considering that in that two month period no evidence (again, to the best of my knowledge) has been produced to support the allegation, I trust that that when this additional two week period produces the same result the CRS will finally withdraw the allegation and apologise for this increasingly absurd witch-hunt.

I'm going to speak a bit out of turn here, but if you want to produce other evidence to the contrary, you should do so now.

Otherwise, all your depositions are doing are casting doubt on a wider circle of people who apparently floated law, tradition and reason — intentionally or unintentionally — to give you "permission" for this endeavor. 

Despite arguments to the contrary, the members of the CRS aren't off on their own without contact to the rest of the region. Currently, there's a sitting prime minister and former minister of foreign affairs on the council; not to mention the entire current Cabinet thought the information we've been working off of was important enough to release to the entire Assembly.

I feel like if this intelligence gathering was truly justified, someone out of the circle above would've heard about it or stepped up to say something during our initial two month discussion.

At the end of the day — are we going to be able to completely judge the intentionality of your discussion with NK? Probably not.

However, that doesn't mean the region doesn't have a right to be concerned and that the CRS doesn't have a duty to protect the region.

You are correct that this investigation has been going on for longer than two weeks. If, instead of protracting this, you'd like us to skip any further investigation and have the CRS move onto Sections 1.5 or 1.6 of the Security Powers Act, I'm sure that could be arranged.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRS Statement on the Activation of Section 1(1) of the Security Powers Act - by Tsunamy - 04-04-2017, 10:25 PM