We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CRS Statement on the Activation of Section 1(1) of the Security Powers Act

(04-22-2017, 05:42 PM)Omega Wrote:
(04-22-2017, 01:52 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: There has been and continues to be an issue with how the CRS conducts it work. Because of the way the body is constructed, it is done by committee which necessitates voting on everything that goes done. Historically, the vice delegate was the chair of the committee, but in its current incarnation, there is no chair. As such, the committee devolves into infighting or inaction.

That's not justification for the non-response; more so, an explanation and a hope that the Assembly might imagine/enact legislative reforms for the body.

Regarding this issue, the committee has a draft that should be posted in relatively short order. I believe we're still waiting for one member to sound off on it. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks for the response/explanation.
Just out of curiosity why has the CRS not elected its own chair? I would think it would be within your power to do so. I don't think this requires reforms to come from the Assembly, I think it requires the CRS to elect a Chair from within its ranks.
As always, I am fine with CRS coming up with its own procedures as long as they are within the confines of our laws and are not infringing upon the rights laid out in the Chater.

Edit: if y'all do choose to elect a Chair I would hope it would be made public who they are.

GR has suggested nominating a secretary and that would partially help this situation. Frankly, most of our stuff has been pretty mundane so one person jumping up and down yelling has previously been able to get the job done.

In some ways, this is a stress test for the council that we can use to be better prepared.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRS Statement on the Activation of Section 1(1) of the Security Powers Act - by Tsunamy - 04-22-2017, 06:05 PM