We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CRS Report on Investigation into Belschaft & Neo Kervoskia

(04-24-2017, 11:17 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 10:55 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
Belschaft said he sent Vietnam's deposition to Tsunamy. If it's true, why didn't we ever see it? If it was a lie, why not confront him over it? It seems the SPSF intelligence programme had been ongoing for the past few ministries. Why didn't we contact former ministers to see what its extent was, and whether Belschaft had been acting in line with the overall expectations of the programme? There was a suggestion to contact Neo Kervoskia, to verify the information in the logs we received. Maybe he would lie to us? Perhaps, but that was still a necessary part of our due dilligence.

You only interviewed Vietnam because we kept pushing for some kind of investigation. You kept claiming that allowing Belschaft to respond here in the Assembly was enough to consider him questioned and self-defended, for the purposes of the investigation mandated by the Security Powers Act. You outright refused to contact Neo Kervoskia. You kept claiming that there was no need to investigate, even when confronted with the blatantly obvious fact that the law mandated an investigation.

Don't tell me that you conducted a thorough investigation, because we both know, if you had had your way, we wouldn't even had done the meager questioning that we managed to force out of you. If your case was as strong as you claimed it was, it would have shown in the investigation. If it wasn't, then that would have been a clear indication that Belschaft did not have to be punished in the first place.

Am I the only one it was sent to? The way people talked — I thought everyone had it?

I was never informed that I became the facilitator of the entire investigation.

I'm going to call BS on that given this exchange weeks ago.

Quote:Farengeto-04/08/2017
@hierocles @jui ji-tsu So there's a couple of depositions from Vietnam you guys have that we still haven't seen. >.>

jui ji-tsu-04/08/2017
Would someone like to give them to us?
Or are we just going to sit on them?

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRS Report on Investigation into Belschaft & Neo Kervoskia - by Farengeto - 04-24-2017, 11:30 PM