We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Faren for PM: How Far Can We Get?

(06-05-2017, 01:55 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
I'll start by wishing you best of luck. You are definitely one of the more senior and experienced people in the region, and the breadth of experience and dedication to the region and its ideals you have are an unquestionable plus. With that in mind, I do have a few questions about your campaign:

1. You open your campaign with a promise to make the position of Prime Minister more active, and the implication is you will provide a more prominent leadership. However, you go on to outline an agenda not unlike that which got Drugged Monkeys elected thrice to the position. Will you offer actual leadership within the Cabinet, offering and advocating for an overall regional vision, or will you merely provide more prominence to Cabinet actions?

2. You identify important areas of improvement with the operation of the Special Forces. Could you provide similar input on the other ministries?

3. You indicate that you will leave foreign policy up to whoever is elected Minister of Foreign Affairs. Does that mean that, should they advocate for a foreign policy that may be detrimental to the region, or contrary to its overall direction thus far, you would not step in, or argue for an alternate direction, within the Cabinet?

1. I aim to focus primarily on assisting the Ministers of the Cabinet. I envision my leadership helping the Ministers in their duties, and also working to provide a coordination to the Cabinet as a while.

2. For MoRA the main area I would like to focus on is in integration. It is an area I feel has been underdeveloped in recent months, however I would hope to improve MoRA activity in all areas where possible. As MoFA has less day-to-day work I don't have the same level of goals for Foreign Affairs, with the main target being to ensure that our diplomatic policy remains in the interest of the entire region of TSP.

3. I address this somewhat above, but while the Minister is free to determine the regions and type of interactions they will pursue during the term if I believe they are taking actions detrimental to the diplomacy or security of the region I would step in and try to argue for alternative policy. Barring extremely questionable behaviour by a MoFA I do not imagine I would need to try and step in like that.

(06-05-2017, 01:09 PM)Cormac Wrote: If brought to the Cabinet by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, would you favor or oppose a treaty alliance with the New Pacific Order?

It would depend on the circumstances. What the details of the treaty entail firstly, what kind of scope would be a major factor. For such a controversial region it would also greatly depend on the motivations and security risks involved - both of the NPO and potentially the Minister who proposed it, and also examining the impact such a treaty would have on our existing relations. However most importantly I believe that in most cases treaties should only be established with regions where we already have relations, something that does not yet exist. So while the answer would not be a firm no, I would require much more justification and established relations before I would approve of it.

(06-05-2017, 05:00 PM)Omega Wrote: What do you plan to do should you not be elected?

I would stay on in the Court for the time being.

Messages In This Thread
Faren for PM: How Far Can We Get? - by Farengeto - 06-05-2017, 01:43 AM
RE: Faren for PM: How Far Can We Get? - by Yuno - 06-05-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Faren for PM: How Far Can We Get? - by Cormac - 06-05-2017, 01:09 PM
RE: Faren for PM: How Far Can We Get? - by Omega - 06-05-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Faren for PM: How Far Can We Get? - by Farengeto - 06-06-2017, 12:55 AM
RE: Faren for PM: How Far Can We Get? - by Escade - 06-07-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: Faren for PM: How Far Can We Get? - by Cormac - 06-10-2017, 05:50 PM