We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[AT VOTE] Unfudge the Legislative Procedures Act

Heh.

I tend to write in Queen's, others sometimes use the accursed dialect known as "American 'English'" - in the past, this has caused problems.

Edit: Also, grammar is important; if I use a semi-colon, rather than a comma, I do so for a reason. Replacing one with the other can alter the entire meaning of a sentence; for this reason I would consider "grammatical" corrections as big a problem as allowing the chair to change the wording itself.

Edit-the-second: Also, some of our Chairs have had decidedly 'average' command of grammar and the English language; no offence is meant, but we can't be certain that what the Chair sees as an "error" actually is an error - we do, after all, have members for whom English is a second language, or who are dyslexic; myself included in regards to the second part.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAFT] Unfudge the Legislative Procedures Act - by Belschaft - 09-29-2017, 03:59 PM