We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[AT VOTE] Unfudge the Legislative Procedures Act

(10-02-2017, 02:19 PM)Roavin Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 01:41 PM)Omega Wrote: So unless I completely misread the proposed bill, this does take away the power of the assembly to overturn a single ruling made by the chair. I understand the reason why we may want this but short of a recall I see no substantial check on the power of a chair.

Bingo. Which is how it was before the current LPA, and not once in the months since introducing that provision via the LPA did we even use it.

I mean that seems fair enough. I just saw it as a if something egregiously bad occurred we would use and Far has given no reason to use it so far. While I don't like the idea of having a recall as the only check, it will work and public pressure from individuals and the media I suppose are enough. While I have reservations here, I think I can see the reasoning and vote in favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Messages In This Thread
[DRAFT] Unfudge the Legislative Procedures Act - by Omega - 10-02-2017, 03:11 PM