We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Are legislator applications on hold?

Since it is in fact allowed to accept legislators during an election - they just aren't allowed to vote in the election - I don't see the point in waiting until the election is done on the 28th, especially since that would mean a 20 day wait time for some applicants, without even being notified that they are on hold. This must be pretty discouraging especially to new players, wanting to jump in and get involved but held back for nearly a month.

If the Chair insists on not accepting applications during elections, then perhaps they should have accepted some in the 24 hour period between the Cabinet and Chair elections. If that is not enough time to process applications, there was plenty of time to go through them during the previous election, saving them to post until the votes were closed. Again, though, it is completely legal to accept applications for legislator during elections:

"Anyone admitted to legislator status during a forum election in which only legislators may vote, from the time nominations begin until the conclusion of forum voting, may not stand for election nor vote in that forum election."

And by all this I mean: please let me in, I'd rather legislate than legiswait, or at least give me a good reason why not?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are legislator applications on hold? - by Nakari - 10-19-2017, 06:00 PM