We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Roland For COA - Let's get back on track!

(11-04-2017, 05:57 PM)rolandarmstrong Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 01:43 PM)Drall Wrote: Could you elaborate on how the current moderation policy prevents debate from happening? The only thing I can see it preventing is useless posts.

It is apparent to me that we disagree on the meaning of "useless." Current policy drones on about "less than one sentence" posts being useless. I think that you can't really define policy making in such a simplistic way as the current moderation policy. There's a lot more to it that Farengeto realises. Maybe it's just me, but there have been multiple times when I made a post that got deleted due to the moderation policy even though it was unobjectively useful.

I kind of see your point, but this rule at least reduces the amount of meaningless posts which would restrict and discourage debate. If they wanted to support, there's the like button. However, if you were CoA, do you have any alternative to the one-sentence rule?

I have one more question. Forgive me if this is Ad Hominem or Fallacy of Division, but if you are elected CoA, you are expected to be a role model. Will we expect you to be more professional in public (May it be forum-based, discord-based, or in-game based) and private discourse (PMs and DMs)?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roland For COA - Let's get back on track! - by Spenty - 11-05-2017, 10:26 PM