We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Are legislator applications on hold?

(11-09-2017, 10:08 PM)Drall Wrote: To totally throw something out there - it might be interesting if we switched applications to a make your own thread style (still following the usual question format), and then allowed any other players to comment in those threads. Whilst this makes for a less formal and concise process, it also create a very personalized feel, especially if, and hopefully when, other players in the community extend their welcome to the applicants, encourage them to check out X, or just say hello.

I'd be in support of this. I've actually argued for something like this at some point.

It's easy to close a forum or a thread for a bit during the election which would make it clear things aren't being considered. 

On the other point of a timeline — what happens if it's ignored? I'm opposed to useless periods because all it does is put a sword over an officials head. If something is extraordinarily long, we can recall or whatnot, but we're not just going to open the floodgates and let everyone in so setting a timeframe is a bit moot.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are legislator applications on hold? - by Tsunamy - 11-10-2017, 11:12 AM