We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Amendment to the Political Parties Act

Why does it have to be a matter of advantage though? It's not the death of a party if it doesn't get listed on the index, just as it isn't the death of a ministry if it doesn't appear on the index. I keep saying this, the guarantee is for them to have forum space. How they use that space is up to them and their members. It's not the job of the Assembly to ensure they get all the advertising possible, that's each party's job.

As things stand, what we are proposing is:

The Civil and Political Organisation Centre: meant to house civil organisations and political parties (which it has done for over 4 years now).

A political parties subforum: meant to house political party threads? Except we already have that in the CPOC!

Individual party subforums: meant to house the discussions of each party.

This creates unnecessary duplication, and will likely result in empty space. We should just follow the example of the NS Discussion Centre, which simply lets newspapers have space that is their to use or misuse, rather than try to make subforums upon subforums to enforce some notion of equality.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
[DRAFT] Amendment to the Political Parties Act - by Kris Kringle - 01-26-2018, 03:18 PM